Covid

More and more players are catching Covid and more games are starting to get posponed,is anyone else starting to worry we might go back to no fans in stadiums or worse season gets posponed, in my line of work the public are so unconcerned and not wearing masks it's truly unbelievable their ignorance to the situation.

Re: Covid

The player's fall into the age group 20-29

Look at the graph for that age group, and you can see the problem at present .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look at that blue line go. Might be the highest as soon as tomorrow. <a href="https://t.co/oFE2RE8rSA">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Andrew Lilico (@andrew_lilico) <a href=" 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Personally was never confident that this season would run smoothly without the pandemic interfering with or curtailing it. The main reason being my lack of confidence in the behaviours of enough of this country's population in reducing the risk of transmission.
I observe increasingly selfish, ignorant and illegal behaviour in relation to covid; and hear of lots of paranoia and delusional thinking regarding the vaccines and the effectiveness of transmission risk reduction measures.
Then again I've always been a pessimistic sod, and perhaps a major increase in cases and hospitalisations may just give enough negligent people the dose of reality it needs to improve their behaviours.

It depends on your perspective on life. If you've already lived the vast majority of yours, you are perhaps not going to mind spending the rest of it locked in your living room with the TV for company.

If you're in your teens or 20s, have spent the last 15 years in school, and have only just started living your life, I think it's totally unfair to be branded as "selfish" for not wanting to remain indoors and be unable to enjoy the sort of freedom that everyone else has enjoyed.

I think, at worst, we might have a winter break. I can't see us going back to the sort of restrictions we had previously. If we do there will be huge revolt now.

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 14th, 2021, 10:31 am
PortandSud wrote: December 14th, 2021, 10:27 am If we as supporter have to prove that we have had the two jabs before entry into the stadium, why don't the players have to follow that example ?
Because it's their employment and laws are different
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has published guidance on addressing the data protection issues where employers intend to ask for and record the vaccine status of workers. A key part of that advice is that in order for such recording to be lawful the employer’s reason for doing so must be clear and necessary. It further provides that, “The sector you work in, the kind of work your staff do and the health and safety risks in your workplace should help you to decide if you have legitimate reasons to record whether your staff have had the COVID-19 vaccine. For example, if your employees:

• work somewhere where they are more likely to encounter those infected with COVID-19;

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 14th, 2021, 11:15 am I know all that , I'd say as the law stands footballers won't be required to have a vaccine history

So to your original post they don't require a covid passport to work
This the problem, they should not be above the law, if we have to show a covid pass the enter the stadium then so should they.

PortandSud wrote: December 14th, 2021, 11:17 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: December 14th, 2021, 11:15 am I know all that , I'd say as the law stands footballers won't be required to have a vaccine history

So to your original post they don't require a covid passport to work
This the problem, they should not be above the law, if we have to show a covid pass the enter the stadium then so should they.
The answer to that would be they are probably tested more than any of us outside the NHS

rncfc wrote: December 14th, 2021, 10:16 am It depends on your perspective on life. If you've already lived the vast majority of yours, you are perhaps not going to mind spending the rest of it locked in your living room with the TV for company.

If you're in your teens or 20s, have spent the last 15 years in school, and have only just started living your life, I think it's totally unfair to be branded as "selfish" for not wanting to remain indoors and be unable to enjoy the sort of freedom that everyone else has enjoyed.

I think, at worst, we might have a winter break. I can't see us going back to the sort of restrictions we had previously. If we do there will be huge revolt now.
I can only speak for myself.

I have lived the vast majority of my years.

I am really pissed off with these restrictions.

But I will carry on obeying them. Life is precious. It is precious at 64, as I am now, it was precious when I was 24 and if I am spared, it will be precious when I am 94.

It's not unfiar to brand many young people as selfish. They are. What is perhaps unfair is that those of us starting to clock up a fair few miles too easily forget that in our younger days, we too, were selfish.

I do understand why so many people are tired of the restrictions. Nonetheless we are in a war. And for me, the way to end the restrictions is to win the war.

Bangitintrnet wrote: December 13th, 2021, 9:18 pm The player's fall into the age group 20-29

Look at the graph for that age group, and you can see the problem at present .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look at that blue line go. Might be the highest as soon as tomorrow. <a href="https://t.co/oFE2RE8rSA">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Andrew Lilico (@andrew_lilico) <a href=" 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
No need to copy the entire twitter embed, just copy the link over.

Here's an interesting question.
In previous years when we have had flu outbreaks, how many or what percentage of people went to the doctors?
I suspect a lot less than actually had it.
A vast amount of people (myself included never went to the doctors when I had flu), just stayed at home or struggled about.
And certainly never bothered with lateral flow tests and PCR tests.
Now anyone who has a slight cough or temperature is taking tests, and self isolating.
So my question are these high Covid figures in comparison to previous flu outbreaks.

rncfc wrote: December 14th, 2021, 10:16 am It depends on your perspective on life. If you've already lived the vast majority of yours, you are perhaps not going to mind spending the rest of it locked in your living room with the TV for company.

I agree that much depends on your perspective on life. As someone who has certainly lived the vast majority of their life I don't see how being content with being 'locked in you living room' has anything to do with behaving socially responsibly or unselfishly. I don't have to remain indoors to minimise my risk of transmission to myself or others. Accepting of course that more time will be spent indoors during the winter months.

In my perspective the negligent and selfish behaviours I perceive regarding the non-compliance to social distancing/mask wearing/ hygiene/ vaccinations/ testing etc. etc. has nothing to do with your age. Age is absolutely no excuse for such behaviours. I don't however, point the finger for social irresponsibily at any particular age group. Neither do I accuse the young for being selfish for not wanting to remain indoors. I repeat you do not have to remain indoors to behave unselfishly.

In relation to the restrictions (so called lookdown) previously introduced countrywide I don't see them being re-introduced either. I'm sure the tory paymasters will not allow the costs, especially the financial ones, to be applied again. Not that I forsee the other major political parties being in favour either.
Specifically in relation to football I'm still uncertain as to what further restrictions may or not be imposed. Suspect the next few weeks will be critical.