Re: Stan A. Einstein

Folks - need a little advice from you good people please?

I’m living in England, double jabbed, and am coming to Wales to watch a ‘large event’ (concert in Cardiff on Sunday - Happy Mondays and James, for those of you old enough to remember them!).

I’ve got a Covid pass on my NHS app which I’ve just reactivated for another 30 days.

Is this all I need to get into the gig please? I read on the Wales.gov site about also uploading a copy of my passport or driving licence but there’s nowhere on the app to do so?!

Grateful for your advice please, cheers

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 9:16 am Folks - need a little advice from you good people please?

I’m living in England, double jabbed, and am coming to Wales to watch a ‘large event’ (concert in Cardiff on Sunday - Happy Mondays and James, for those of you old enough to remember them!).

I’ve got a Covid pass on my NHS app which I’ve just reactivated for another 30 days.

Is this all I need to get into the gig please? I read on the Wales.gov site about also uploading a copy of my passport or driving licence but there’s nowhere on the app to do so?!

I think your English Covid pass will be enough. You need your passport to download the Covid (Wales) pass. You won’t be able to get that as you don’t live in Wales. Why England Wales and Scotland didn’t develop the Covid passes together I do not know. Good luck mate.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 9:16 am Folks - need a little advice from you good people please?

If the checks on Saturday were anything to go by, you could probably get in by showing them a screen shot of the QR code on the back of a Pot Noodle........

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 9:49 am I would check any emails that you have received regarding your tickets, as they normally include instructions as to what is required to attend the event.
For instance the County require a COVID pass to attend home games. Wales required a NHS confirmation of a negative flow test as well.
The negative lateral flow test an alternative, not 'as well'.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, appreciated.

Proving a negative lateral flow test would be tricky for me - I had Covid recently (fortunately mild) and have been told it’s likely that any lateral flow or PCR test I do for the 90 days after contracting Covid will be positive. Instead the NHS app just confirms that I’ve completed my period of self isolation so I really hope proof of a recent negative test isn’t needed as well, otherwise I’ll be the one outside the Motorpoint Arena trying to sell my concert ticket!

pembsexile wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 8:41 am The issue of how to deal with Covid is all about politics. Look at the scenario developing across Europe are the moment. All because of the mention of lockdown and compulsory vaccination.

The UK government has taken the view that we need to try to keep the economy open coupled with the idea to get as many people vaccinated in as quickly a time as possible. If we had a Labour government (UK) I dare say there may have been a slightly different tack.

The Irish government have taken different action. Their controls seem to be more thorough and are still so. However, along with the rest of Europe, their Covid rates are climbing. As I say, it is political.

I have no idea what the controls are inside Ireland at the moment but I can tell you this. If you attempt to go to Ireland via ferry (probably the same for other transit types), make sure you have the following documents with you:

Proof of vaccination (Covid passport)
Irish government locator form that must be filled in (electronically). There is a a massive amount of info to fill in here. This only lasts for a few days. If you fill one in today it is only valid until 25 November.
Lateral flow tests for people under 18.

You are asked if you have these documents before you board the ferry. It is policed by the Irish authorities the other side. If you do not have these documents when you arrive in Ireland (no excuses) then there is a 5000 Euro fine. Can’t see Boris doing the same thing in Dover.
Quite agree. Let’s be Frank about this, several points .
Boris was too slow closing the borders when he knew what was happening in Italy
He was too slow locking down , a mistake he has repeated ad nauseum
He has failed to take even minimal precautions and by example undermined health advice
The only saviour has been the vaccination program which has moderated the death toll ( said to be 140k but probably much higher )
Throughout the pandemic there has been no advertising on TV impressing the importance of the proper wearing of face masks ( taken for granted in other countries )
In addition what happens here is that people continue to ignore mask mandates everywhere including public transport and the idiot anti-vaxxers complain about a lack of freedom if you mention the need for a pass. Freedom? Freedom to catch Covid presumably.🦠🦠🦠

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 21st, 2021, 11:47 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:26 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 21st, 2021, 8:27 pm Percy,

You were lauding a bunch of nutters and pseudo scientists whose views, adopted by many in the UK have resulted in a death rate per capita twice that of Ireland. 80,000 UK
You posted up on here that i had been banned when that was not the case. So stick your your sympathy where the monkey sticks his nuts.
Did you or did you not call me the C word on here for merely suggesting that you send your questions to the club ahead of the meeting.Yes of course you did,a barrister calling someone the C word on this forum.What a crazy thing to do.
Don't think I did. I think you are a petty, I think you are obsessive and to use a common expression here a dangerous fool. Had I called you the c word I suspect I would have been banned. I can't imagine Jack allowing me to call you that. And I think you will find if you type in the c word it gets filtered in any event. But did I think it?

Probably. :grin:
Maybe Jack can remind you why he pulled your post and can you post up that Percy and the undertakers piece again just to see how foolish you are or,can Jack explain why it was removed.For a 63 year old you are so childish don’t you think.

Percy plunkett wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:14 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 21st, 2021, 11:47 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:26 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 21st, 2021, 8:27 pm Percy,

You were lauding a bunch of nutters and pseudo scientists whose views, adopted by many in the UK have resulted in a death rate per capita twice that of Ireland. 80,000 UK
You posted up on here that i had been banned when that was not the case. So stick your your sympathy where the monkey sticks his nuts.
Did you or did you not call me the C word on here for merely suggesting that you send your questions to the club ahead of the meeting.Yes of course you did,a barrister calling someone the C word on this forum.What a crazy thing to do.
Don't think I did. I think you are a petty, I think you are obsessive and to use a common expression here a dangerous fool. Had I called you the c word I suspect I would have been banned. I can't imagine Jack allowing me to call you that. And I think you will find if you type in the c word it gets filtered in any event. But did I think it?

Probably. :grin:
Maybe Jack can remind you why he pulled your post and can you post up that Percy and the undertakers piece again just to see how foolish you are or,can Jack explain why it was removed.For a 63 year old you are so childish don’t you think.
I think you making things up is childish. I do recall the poem. I thought ìt rathet funny. Certainly a lot funniet than advising people not to wear masks.

Percy you made up that I had been banned from this board. I was forced to explain to you that I wasn't posting for personal reasons.

I don't recall calling you by the 'c' word. I am quite sure had I done so it would have resulted in a ban. And rightly so. Although it would be filtered out in any event.

I do recall asking you how many people's lives
would you think it reasonable to sacrifice in order that you could enjoy a football match. I recall that you refused to answer. I recall that you were citing some obscure bunch of pseudosciencists who said wearing masks was a bad idea. You also argued that the concentration on Covid meant that cancer treatments were not taking place. The opposite is true. The NHS was nearly overwhelmed and as a consequence not as much attention could be given to other dangerous diseases.
Percy, you are a very sad individual.