Exiled Exiles thread

I know that there are a considerable number of Exiled Exiles out there who have a passion for this football club. I am one of them. There must be thousands of us.

I have thought for a long time that this is an under resourced feature and the potential to raise our profile and help the club in some way is enormous.

I get most of my County info’ from either this website or from club official info’. This is very much an ‘unofficial’ idea at the moment and I am just trying to get the Exiled Exile message ‘out there’.

Off the top of my head I could probably name about 20/30 people who are passionate Exiled Exiles. They are all on this board. Some of you are even season ticket holders. Well done all. However, that is not my point.

We know that County officials look at this messageboard. I think it would be great if we could be acknowledged and let the Club/Trust know just what it is that we want from them as an Exile. Speaking personally, I am not really interested in ‘offers’, what I am interested in is club news and the feeling of ‘inclusivity’. If we can put something back into the club that would be a bonus.

I don’t want to get too deep into the definition of an Exiled Exile with the use of geography etc but this post is primarily aimed at those people who live outside of the Newport catchment area and for whatever reason cannot get to the games that they would like but still feel a passion for the club.

As I mentioned, I could name a few of you. I won’t though. Could I please ask that those that want to be included just reply to this post and possibly state what you would like from the club/trust as an Exiled Exile. If we get a lot of names, we could take it further and make some representation to the club. Early days I know, but we have to start somewhere. Cmon the County.

Re: Exiled Exiles thread

Mr Figo wrote:
excessbee wrote:As a Trust member, I receive a weekly newsletter. That can be done for as little as £5 per month.
What is it that you would like for the money that you would/could pay?
I want to do what I can to maintain the existence of the club. What they do for me is provide a product to watch. This is a bit of a JFK scenario. "Ask not what my club can do for me....." I suppose into the bargain it also offers first (or second) dibs on limited availability tickets.

I am working and living in the USA . I am Approaching retirement which will be split between Pennsylvania and Florida.
Newport through and through but can average only 3 or 4 games a season for obvious reasons .
Would clearly like to think outside the box and put something back in to the club as my gift to them .
Could this work ?—- Is it legal.?

My offer is the following :
One week in my new Gulf of Mexico home in Florida for two people . ( West Coast )
Meet and greet at airport and return.
Refrigerator full of everything —-from Alcohol to food.
Day trip-to Florida Everglades. Day trip to outlet mall
Day trip deep sea sport fishing .
Tickets to professional ice hockey or baseball game depending on season.
( no professional football in my area) .
How to get this .
Someone in Newport sells tickets at £5 each —or even £10——winner gets the prize .

I must not be involved in handling any cash —sure that would be illegal.

Could we ( not me but someone in Newport) sell 3,000 tickets and raise £15,000 or £20,000.? All money to the club
Zero for me.
I want NOTHING back .

Is it a good or useless idea ?

Good Evening

Great initiative Mike, not sure I’m on your “exiled” list though due to slightly different journey to becoming a supporter rather than an “exile” !

I think most of us away from Newport and “local news” look more to the message board and similar. I’m grateful we are not looked upon as being outsiders in any way, personally I’ve always felt part of the supporting community.

All I really want is to have a club to support at the highest level possible within sustainable parameters. To this end I do my small bit with Trust membership, County Lottery etc.

Pirates idea is a fantastic example of untapped support and I’m sure would be popular more widely. It’s just getting the logistics right for publicity etc.

Let’s hope for more positivity from this!

Phil in Northampton ( East Newport-ish)

Count me in! I’m living & working on the Costa Blanca in Spain. I’m also a trust member & had preferential tickets for the Morecambe play-off final & couldn’t go due to Covid restrictions. I’ve been to all the other 4 Wembley appearances. Claim to fame, I was once Spytty the Dog over Spytty Park. Cup game against Burgess Hill IIRC. I’m also the (ex) uncle to Aaron & Lewis Collins. Work that one out for yourselves!

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening

Great initiative Mike, not sure I’m on your “exiled” list though due to slightly different journey to becoming a supporter rather than an “exile” !

I think most of us away from Newport and “local news” look more to the message board and similar. I’m grateful we are not looked upon as being outsiders in any way, personally I’ve always felt part of the supporting community.

All I really want is to have a club to support at the highest level possible within sustainable parameters. To this end I do my small bit with Trust membership, County Lottery etc.

Pirates idea is a fantastic example of untapped support and I’m sure would be popular more widely. It’s just getting the logistics right for publicity etc.

Let’s hope for more positivity from this!

Phil in Northampton ( East Newport-ish)
Hi Phil,

Perhaps I didn’t explain the criteria well enough. The Exiled bit has nothing at all to do with being born or come from the Newport area. It’s to do with the fact that you support the County but support the club from a distance outside of the Newport catchment area.

I do understand that even within this criteria there are fans who attend lots of games and other fans who are even season ticket holders. In this instance fans may feel that they do enough for the club already. That’s fine, but, its about inclusivity and everyone is welcome. Some other exiled fans may feel that they are not connected enough to the club and want to do more.

Thanks mate for giving me the opportunity to explain what I am trying to do, I should have explained it better. Unless you say otherwise, I am definitely counting you in. Later in the week I will post a list of all the people who have replied positively. I like lists! Please keep the replies coming and post what you would like the club to do. As for the post by Pirates, what can I say other than County fans are the best.