Re: Team for sat?

hazel terrace wrote:freshen it up as huge game tues. 2 new boys in sheehan marsh brown also rest 1 of the strikers and couple of others.
Agree with this. Rest key players. Tues replay must take priority, with the possibility no matter how remote of winning and profitting by £500,000 +. Of course, some of the new signings may even impress enough to play themselves into the game tues.

Believe two of the new boys are cup tied and Villa lad was not registered in time so none availability for Tuesday,

Agree we should freshen up but to many changes and the team will struggle to form a cohesive pattern.

Rest one or two but not wholesale changes ,

We need to get the points on Saturday if we are serious about the playoffs as we have some tough matches in February.

Lose on Saturday and our task gets harder and harder ,

DPT wrote:Believe two of the new boys are cup tied and Villa lad was not registered in time so none availability for Tuesday,

Agree we should freshen up but to many changes and the team will struggle to form a cohesive pattern.

We need to get the points on Saturday if we are serious about the playoffs as we have some tough matches in February.

Yes good point about new players being cup-tied. Silly me.

Who would posters rest tomorrow, if any, with Tues in mind. Personally I see Butler. Amond. Willmott and Bennett as the key players to 'protect'. Probably haven't got alternates at CB.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on February 1st, 2019, 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
DPT wrote:Believe two of the new boys are cup tied and Villa lad was not registered in time so none availability for Tuesday,

Yes good point about new players being cup-tied. Silly me.

Who would posters rest tomorrow, if any, with Tues in mind. Personally I see Butler. Amond. Willmott and Bennett as the key players to 'protect'. Probably haven't got alternates at CB.

Those would be the players I would rest too

llanwern exile wrote:More snow forcasted for eastern England today, a good chance this one could be called off, it would be a godsend to us if it was the lads would'nt have all that traveling to do and a little extra rest before boro.
Highly unlikely to be called of 24 hours in advance surely? In which case the travelling element will be inevitable.

Townsend
Forbes Poole O Brien Demetriou Neufville

Dolan Labadie Kennedy
Azeez Amond

If Townsend is going to play the replay then go for him in goal, to keep him up to speed. Give Labadie another 75/80 mins and also swap Amond after 65ish mins as he'll have a point to prove up there.

excessbee wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:More snow forcasted for eastern England today, a good chance this one could be called off, it would be a godsend to us if it was the lads would'nt have all that traveling to do and a little extra rest before boro.
Highly unlikely to be called of 24 hours in advance surely? In which case the travelling element will be inevitable.
If the stadium and surrounding area is covered in snow now with more forcast frew the day I don't think it would thaw by tomorrow afternoon, the clubs affected should be given leave to call games off early to save opposition teams and their supporters from traveling in such bad conditions.

jamiencafc wrote:Townsend
Forbes Poole O Brien Demetriou Neufville

Dolan Labadie Kennedy
Azeez Amond

If Townsend is going to play the replay then go for him in goal, to keep him up to speed. Give Labadie another 75/80 mins and also swap Amond after 65ish mins as he'll have a point to prove up there.
I'd be happy with that

did you see us play Tuesday ?

What pattern did we play with then with 11 who have played the majority of our games

I would play:

Townsend (fair play to the guy, looked a little rusty against Middlesborough but understandable)

Butler, Poole, O’Brien, Demetriou, Willmott

Labadie, Bennett, Kennedy

Azeez, Amond

Subs: Day, Neufville, Forbes, Bakinson, Dolan, Matt, Mckirdy
Last edited by Midlandsexile on February 1st, 2019, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.Townsend

Pipe Poole ,Bennett , O'Brien , Neufville

Labadie

Kennedy Dolan

Amond McKirdy

Subs
Azeez, Sheehan, . Day , Forbes ,Bakinson, Marsh Brown, Crofts ( if fit)

( Give Butler , Matt , Wilmott and Demetiou a game off and dont even take them as MF will probably start with those four on Tuesday)