Re: PORT VALE red card rescinded....

Exile 1976 wrote:Looked nailed on red from where I was but hey.
Their other player that was subbed at HT Hannant(?) should definitely have been given a red instead of the yellow
The red appeared to be given on the recommendation of the linesman, and he was a lot nearer than me. Perhaps i'm not keeping up with the way the games are being reffed nowadays. As he got quite a bit of the ball as well as the man, may have been deemed a good tackle a few years back.

Re: PORT VALE red card rescinded....

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Looked nailed on red from where I was but hey.
Their other player that was subbed at HT Hannant(?) should definitely have been given a red instead of the yellow
The red appeared to be given on the recommendation of the linesman, and he was a lot nearer than me. Perhaps i'm not keeping up with the way the games are being reffed nowadays. As he got quite a bit of the ball as well as the man, may have been deemed a good tackle a few years back.

I agree, a few years ago it would have been a great challenge but nowadays you can’t challenge like that. Loads of red cards been given lately for the same type of challenge.
It is what it is, didn’t alter the result but Hannant should have gone first half.