Re: Welcome Adebayo

Amberexile wrote:This season -

Azeez 8 goals in 32 appearances (2 in 26 League 2)
Semenyo 6 goals in 32 appearances ( 3 in 21 League 2)
...little to chose between them over a full season, though Semenyo is probably the more promising, but listen, we had a player up against us called Azeez some few seasons ago. Due to teams changing strips, I can't remember WHO it was, but I think it was Wimbledon...
I know a number of fans on the Bisley gave him stick, but he ran us ragged...proper ragged! A few of us commented at the time we'd love to have him here at County. But is it the same one?... Is there another Azeez? (I'm thinking maybe Chesterfield?)

newgroundrodney wrote:

...little to chose between them over a full season, though Semenyo is probably the more promising, but listen, we had a player up against us called Azeez some few seasons ago. Due to teams changing strips, I can't remember WHO it was, but I think it was Wimbledon...
I know a number of fans on the Bisley gave him stick, but he ran us ragged...proper ragged! A few of us commented at the time we'd love to have him here at County. But is it the same one?... Is there another Azeez? (I'm thinking maybe Chesterfield?)

He's played against us a few times. He played for Wimbledon against us both games 2014/15 and 15/16 seasons.

He also scored against us this season when we beat Cambridge 4-1 in the EFL Cup

Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

He's played against us a few times. He played for Wimbledon against us both games 2014/15 and 15/16 seasons.

He also scored against us this season when we beat Cambridge 4-1 in the EFL Cup
....if it's the same guy, IIRC, he came on as sub and had an immediate impact. Led us a right merry dance!

I try not to listen to other fans plus it’s horses for courses. Look at Noooooubs, loads of fans of his previous clubs said he was shite and the most he’d ever scored was 5 but he did alright with us scoring 10 goals yet has only got 4 so far with Colchester.

He might be shite, he might end up the ‘League 2 Messi’ :lol: but I am looking forward to seeing him play for us