Mike Flynn's League record against GRIMSBY....

Here are the numbers:

PLAYED..........................3
WON...............................3 (all by single goal margin)
DRAWN..........................0
LOST...............................0
FOR................................4
AGAINST........................1
DIFF................................(+3)

CLEAN SHEETS............2 (both at home)
FAILED
TO SCORE.....................0

So, on paper, it's a 2-1 win to Newport County.
We've never failed to score against them, but we've only prevented them from scoring when we've been the home team. Also, only ever beaten them by a single goal..... so 2-1 to us.

Re: Mike Flynn's League record against GRIMSBY....

neilcork68 wrote:I see that they have signed Kristian Dennis from Notts County on loan... Ok it hasn't happened this season for him at Notts County ( who has it been good for there?) He is a good striker at our level...Did MF try to sign him ??????
At the risk of going completely off-topic, how many goals did he get for Notts, in how many games? How many matches did they win that he played in. When you say "he's a good striker", can that be borne out with facts?....and I'm just genuinely asking, because to me, if he's Notts' main attacking force, then we don't need him, because IMO Notts are already down, they just don't KNOW it yet!... so how do his stats stack up at what is a dreadful club so far?....

newgroundrodney wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I see that they have signed Kristian Dennis from Notts County on loan... Ok it hasn't happened this season for him at Notts County ( who has it been good for there?) He is a good striker at our level...Did MF try to sign him ??????
At the risk of going completely off-topic, how many goals did he get for Notts, in how many games? How many matches did they win that he played in. When you say "he's a good striker", can that be borne out with facts?....and I'm just genuinely asking, because to me, if he's Notts' main attacking force, then we don't need him, because IMO Notts are already down, they just don't KNOW it yet!... so how do his stats stack up at what is a dreadful club so far?....

At his previous clubs before Notts County he had 27 goals in 78 appearances at Chesterfield in a season where they struggled and were relegated from the league ----- 1 goal every 2.78 games and at Macclesfield he had 22 goals in 38 apperances ....1 in every 1.72 games average ( IMO pretty good at our level ).
He also played more as a number 10 rather than an out and out striker and is pretty decent at setting up chances for others

Former Chesterfield manager Gary Caldwell described Dennis as "first and foremost a team player... in terms of his workrate, running after lost causes, shutting people down and working for the team"

When Chesterfield went down I posted on this very forum that he was one player I would have loved us to sign , that was until Notts County paid £150,000

Exile 1976 wrote:Kristian Dennis League goals in last three seasons:-

2018/19 - 3 in 24apps (so far)
2017/18 - 19 in 43apps
2016/17 - 8 in 35apps (League 1)
Total - 30 goals in 102 apps
His form in 2017/18 looks half decent, in what was almost a full season.
He's maybe one of those players that'll either click well in a new club setting, or not. It's just a guess but he might be the kind of player who if playing for Newport, might get chalked up in the "disappointment" column..... that's only a guess mind, no evidence for that.