Re: It's Port Vale ...

Corpaboy wrote:Just thought I'd bring it back in the room after our brilliant FA Cup weekend and potential 5th Round opposition !

Let's get behind the team tonight and get our League form back up to speed

UTC
Agreed. Team selection should be interesting tonight, without Semenyo. No scope regards giving our 2 remaining strikers a rest.

Do we rotate some players now prior to the replay, and give more game time to Sheehan, Marsh-Brown, Horby-Forbes, Nuefville and Labadie? Could even Crofts return?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:Just thought I'd bring it back in the room after our brilliant FA Cup weekend and potential 5th Round opposition !

Let's get behind the team tonight and get our League form back up to speed

UTC
Agreed. Team selection should be interesting tonight, without Semenyo. No scope regards giving our 2 remaining strikers a rest.

Do we rotate some players now prior to the replay, and give more game time to Sheehan, Marsh-Brown, Horby-Forbes, Nuefville and Labadie? Could even Crofts return?
It is a difficult one. County winning their games in hand would put them in the play-off mix so you can see the argument in continuing with those producing the goods currently.

With Franks currently still out it gives little scope for giving any of the central defenders a rest unless swapping to a flat back four (which doesn't utilise either of County's incumbent wing-backs to what they do best - attack). I would be keen to give Butler a rest because the only game he's missed this season was the one he was banned from. Plus Neufville looked okay and wouldn't necessarily weaken the side. I also feel Marsh-Brown desperately needs a run out. The others I think are likely to see some time as replacements...

neilcork68 wrote:Will the game go ahead , looking touch and go with the amount of rain falling then a potential freeze this evening ????
Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic as top of the mountains above Pontypool now looking white, but more likely snow falling on higher ground and RP being barely above sea level.?

neilcork68 wrote:Will the game go ahead , looking touch and go with the amount of rain falling then a potential freeze this evening ????
Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic as top of the mountains above Pontypool now looking white, but more likely snow falling on higher ground and RP being barely above sea level.?