Re: It's Man City

rncfc wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:Great draw if we can beat boro! glad its home also, if it was at the emptyhad the amber army would be the only ones there, the chequebook champions can't fill it for pl or cl games.
Lol, you've got a mention on their forum;

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/thre ... 57/page-53

They're a bit precious. aren't they? I guess that's what happens when you're pampered and spoiled like they have been over the past few years.

FWIW, they were getting 30,000 in the third division. I quite like Man City, but we can definitely make life difficult for them if we get through the replay. They're only second after all and have drew and lost to Leicester this season, who we beat. The bookies should have us as slight favourites if we can get past 'Boro, especially with us being at home.
Us as slight favourites against Man City?! I'll have what your having :lol:

South London Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:Great draw if we can beat boro! glad its home also, if it was at the emptyhad the amber army would be the only ones there, the chequebook champions can't fill it for pl or cl games.
Lol, you've got a mention on their forum;

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/thre ... 57/page-53

They're a bit precious. aren't they? I guess that's what happens when you're pampered and spoiled like they have been over the past few years.

FWIW, they were getting 30,000 in the third division. I quite like Man City, but we can definitely make life difficult for them if we get through the replay. They're only second after all and have drew and lost to Leicester this season, who we beat. The bookies should have us as slight favourites if we can get past 'Boro, especially with us being at home.
Us as slight favourites against Man City?! I'll have what your having :lol:
They're pretty crap really. I mean, come on, second to Liverpool? Do me a favour.

Take their 9-0 win the other week; the ref was clearly biased towards them and at least 7 of their 9 goals were offside.

I imagine we'll beat them fairly easily, although we may need a replay which would be a slight inconvenience due to the travel distance on a Tuesday night.

Blackandamber wrote:No we'll have to beat them in extra time. No replays in 5th round.
Ah yes, I forgot. Because these pampered little princesses can't cope with the excrutiating demands of a 38 game league season.

Makes you wonder why they bother running with squads of 30+ if they're not prepared to use them when the games come thick and fast. People like Guardiola just bore us all to death about how the poor players only had 4 days rest after a 2 hour flight back from Stuttgart or somewhere like that.

It is a great draw. Also whilst I believe that Middlesbrough are favourites for the replay a County win would not be a major shock.

However if we make it to the 6th round one thing is settled. In the past people may have argued whether Walsall v Arsenal, or Yeovil v Sunderland, or Colchester v Leeds or Hereford v Newcastle, or a few others was the greatest FA shock result of all time.

That debate ends if we knock out Manchester City. And whilst I love with a passion any argument that can be put as to why we should/could or will win, I just don't see how. I would love to be wrong but I just can't see it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:It is a great draw. Also whilst I believe that Middlesbrough are favourites for the replay a County win would not be a major shock.

However if we make it to the 6th round one thing is settled. In the past people may have argued whether Walsall v Arsenal, or Yeovil v Sunderland, or Colchester v Leeds or Hereford v Newcastle, or a few others was the greatest FA shock result of all time.

That debate ends if we knock out Manchester City. And whilst I love with a passion any argument that can be put as to why we should/could or will win, I just don't see how. I would love to be wrong but I just can't see it.

If the game goes ahead if we did beat Middlesbrough the chances are extremely thin , if not non existent of us beating Man City . Saying that however the pitch could be a leveller , Man City play Schalke in the Champions League and Chelsea in the Carabo Cup within a week of the game so they could rest players and the old story of 'complacency' .
Is a VERY LONG SHOT but worth holding out any hopes for

Heres a wild thought.....Cant Middlesbrough and Newport County play Man City in round 5? I am sure with 22 players on the pitch we may have a chance of an upset.
Play the Middlesbrough replay after that after we have progressed to round 6 and pocketed the prize money :wink: :lol:

Afternoon taffs

I think I speak for every City fan, and probably most neutrals, when I say I hope we play you lot in the 5th round. I've been to Middlesborough a couple of times and don't fancy it again.

Obviously we'll be the favourites whatever team Pep puts out but you never know, the magic of the cup and all that. Would also be nice to tick off another ground. Being stuck in the prem for the foreseeable future means it's only ties like these that provide a chance to go somewhere new. And whilst I'm on that subject, what will the ticket allocation be, need to work out if I've got any chance of getting one.

Good luck against Boro.

And yes, you're right. They are a touchy bunch on bluemoon.

bluehuw wrote:Afternoon taffs

I think I speak for every City fan, and probably most neutrals, when I say I hope we play you lot in the 5th round. I've been to Middlesborough a couple of times and don't fancy it again.

Obviously we'll be the favourites whatever team Pep puts out but you never know, the magic of the cup and all that. Would also be nice to tick off another ground. Being stuck in the prem for the foreseeable future means it's only ties like these that provide a chance to go somewhere new. And whilst I'm on that subject, what will the ticket allocation be, need to work out if I've got any chance of getting one.

Good luck against Boro.

Prynhawn da. Afternoon blue huw. If the unlikely happens and we beat Boro, your ticket allocation could be as low as 1030 as per the Leicester game, being approx. !5% of normal operating capacity. However when we played spurs last year, an agreement was reached with them contributing to the cost of additional temporary stands, which I believe gave them a allocation of approx. 1600, and the overall capacity to just under 10000.

Good luck against Boro.

Good afternoon bluehuw and welcome to the messageboard. I agree with what oldcromwellian has written but I would like to add this. Money seems to be no problem for City. In the unlikely event that we beat 'Boro, the best thing that your fans could do is to put pressure on the owners to assist us in paying for the erection of a temporary stand a la Spurs at Rodney Parade last year.

Something tells me that we could sell this game out tenfold and we need to try and increase capacity and make money whilst we can. If we beat Boro, then will be that time, but we will need your help. Think of the positive PR you could get. Moneybags City help little ole Newpôrt County.

Good luck against Boro.

Afternoon taffs ?

I thought Bernard Manning was dead......

I like Man City but some of their fans come across as right ignorant ***** on that forum. I would love Pep and his primadonnas on a pitch shared by two rugby teams. He'd be having kittens :lol:

IF by some miracle we get through, turn off radiators and hot water and make life as uncomfortable for them as possible. Make them want to be anywhere else other than Dave Parade!

FAO City fans; we're a tiny club, but we love our football and we're passionate. The ground will be packed out & it would be an intimidating atmosphere any club. I'd fancy us against anyone on our day at home. Ask Spurs, Leicester, Leeds & Boro who have underestimated us of late :grin: