Re: It's Man City

Blackandamber wrote:Please don't let it be a repeat of the replay at home to Plymouth where we would have played Liverpool in the next round.

I wonder what state the pitch will be in by next Tuesday. The Dragons played against Munster on Saturday in terrible conditions.

Was thinking about that also. Plus of course we play tomorrow(rain forecast) and Newport RFC this Sat. As good as the pitch has been, it is starting to show signs of wear.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Please don't let it be a repeat of the replay at home to Plymouth where we would have played Liverpool in the next round.

I wonder what state the pitch will be in by next Tuesday. The Dragons played against Munster on Saturday in terrible conditions.

Was thinking about that also. Plus of course we play tomorrow(rain forecast) and Newport RFC this Sat. As good as the pitch has been, it is starting to show signs of wear.
What we would give for that Barnet stadium and pitch.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Anto wrote:If it's us City will no doubt play a lot of kids.
Haven't done so to date in the competition?
I just hope the Scousers are still plenty of points clear at the top when and if we play City. If they are, City may be tempted to rest their big guns. Also, they may be in the middle of a couple of Champion league games then as well. I hope they feel the pressure and bring some kids in. Mind you, those kids would probably be worth millions. Ah well, I can dream.

pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still have to beat a team 5th in the Championship first, and I'm sure they want a crack at City as much as us.
Quite correct. I did say 'when and if' we play City. 'Boro first.
Quite right you did say that :grin:

I still have memories of that awful night when we replayed against Plymouth, with the winners to play Liverpool, and we lost after extra time. I see Tony Pulis mentioned when they drew at home to Cardiff in the cup and won the replay.

Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still have to beat a team 5th in the Championship first, and I'm sure they want a crack at City as much as us.
Quite correct. I did say 'when and if' we play City. 'Boro first.
Quite right you did say that :grin:

I still have memories of that awful night when we replayed against Plymouth, with the winners to play Liverpool, and we lost after extra time. I see Tony Pulis mentioned when they drew at home to Cardiff in the cup and won the replay.
I was at that game. Had my bags already packed for the visit to Anfield. The disappointing thing for me was the penalty we gave away due to a mistake by a centre half approaching his sell by date. He had been one of our better players up until then. Quality player. That's my memory of that game. It was a long drive back that night.

llanwern exile wrote:Great draw if we can beat boro! glad its home also, if it was at the emptyhad the amber army would be the only ones there, the chequebook champions can't fill it for pl or cl games.
Lol, you've got a mention on their forum;

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/thre ... 57/page-53

They're a bit precious. aren't they? I guess that's what happens when you're pampered and spoiled like they have been over the past few years.

FWIW, they were getting 30,000 in the third division. I quite like Man City, but we can definitely make life difficult for them if we get through the replay. They're only second after all and have drew and lost to Leicester this season, who we beat. The bookies should have us as slight favourites if we can get past 'Boro, especially with us being at home.