Re: Fa cup replay tickets.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:For posters information, especially Stan have just received an E-mail from the trust saying anyone who is signed up and has paid their first prescription to the trust by 5 p.m. Thurs 31st Jan will be eligible for priority tickets for FA cup ? Not sure when this decision was made?
I'm a trust member and I haven't received an email. Could you copy and paste the email on here please.

FA Cup Priority Tickets

Dear Mark (Membership No: ****),

To qualify for priority ticket sales for the FA Cup via Trust membership, supporters must be fully paid-up members of the Trust by 5pm on Thursday, January 31.
Anyone who has not paid their first month's membership by the cut-off time will not qualify for priority ticket sales for the remainder of this season.
Supporters renewing their memberships or joining the Trust this week should be aware that if they cancel their memberships before the end of this season they will not be eligible for priority tickets if they then re-join during a cup run next season.

Regards,
Your Club, Your Trust

To blackandamber. This is a personal copy of an E-mail I received in response I had to a query I had re. my membership and not a general one to all trust members.

My query was my direct debt had not been taken from my bank this month, even though it had been for the previous 4 months, and I didn't want any problems when queuing for my Boro replay ticket. I believe there was some issues regarding 'lapsed' membership in the queue for Leicester tickets.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:FA Cup Priority Tickets

Dear Mark (Membership No: ****),

To qualify for priority ticket sales for the FA Cup via Trust membership, supporters must be fully paid-up members of the Trust by 5pm on Thursday, January 31.
Anyone who has not paid their first month's membership by the cut-off time will not qualify for priority ticket sales for the remainder of this season.
Supporters renewing their memberships or joining the Trust this week should be aware that if they cancel their memberships before the end of this season they will not be eligible for priority tickets if they then re-join during a cup run next season.

Regards,
Your Club, Your Trust

To blackandamber. This is a personal copy of an E-mail I received in response I had to a query I had re. my membership and not a general one to all trust members.

My query was my direct debt had not been taken from my bank this month, even though it had been for the previous 4 months, and I didn't want any problems when queuing for my Boro replay ticket. I believe there was some issues regarding 'lapsed' membership in the queue for Leicester tickets.
Thanks

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Further to the above. County v Hartlepool cold Friday night 1979. Programme note. Whilst the club (County) don't wish to predict the outcome of our replay at Colchester we have included a voucher in the programme in the event we win through to play Manchester United.

Not hindsight Jim.
The draw for the United game had already taken place
Its to late to implement it for PV game now
I agree. However it doesn't alter the point. We all agree that we want to see Newport County being financially successful. There is disagreement as to whether County should put up prices for big games.

Now honesty answer these questions.

Was it reasonably foreseeable that the Middlesbrough game might end in a draw?

If yes, was it reasonably foreseeable that the 5th round draw might throw up a huge tie?

If yes, would it have been sensible to have vouchers in place for distribution at the Port Vale game in the event of the first two possibilities becoming a reality?

I am convinced that my idea would have meant greater income for Newport County. So I am therefore convinced that the club have not made the best decision.

So do I say what I think in the hope if and when this situation arises again someone in authority will consider my idea or do I court the favour of those who believe that the club can do no wrong?

What do you think?
Again if we had a crystal ball yes to every thing

Before Saturday I said to family friend's etc I said if we could nick a draw it's a fantastic result and it was the fans and boys did us proud

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
I agree. However it doesn't alter the point. We all agree that we want to see Newport County being financially successful. There is disagreement as to whether County should put up prices for big games.

If yes, was it reasonably foreseeable that the 5th round draw might throw up a huge tie?

If yes, would it have been sensible to have vouchers in place for distribution at the Port Vale game in the event of the first two possibilities becoming a reality?

I am convinced that my idea would have meant greater income for Newport County. So I am therefore convinced that the club have not made the best decision.

So do I say what I think in the hope if and when this situation arises again someone in authority will consider my idea or do I court the favour of those who believe that the club can do no wrong?

What do you think?

Before Saturday I said to family friend's etc I said if we could nick a draw it's a fantastic result and it was the fans and boys did us proud
Jim,

You would need a crystal ball to know before Saturday that County would draw with Middlesbrough. But, and this is the point, you wouldn't have needed a crystal ball to know that it might happen and to plan for that eventually.

By way of analogy. I was once a front seat passenger in a car crash. I didn't have a crystal ball, I didn't when think for one moment when I got into the car it was going to crash. I was though wearing a seat belt. It no doubt saved me from serious injury or worse.

True leadership is not about posing with the FA Cup, it is not about sitting in the directors box and eating prawn sandwiches at half time. It is about making decision. It is about being responsible and accountable for those decisions.

Now nobody gets it right all the time. And the only way to avoid mistakes is to make no decisions, and that is the biggest failing of all. But neither do shareholders who don't question those decisions, do our club any favours. It is my view that the ability of our board to mismanage ticketing is beyond a joke. It is my view that people who post 'well done the board' whatever happens, are doing a disservice.

Other views are available.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

What do you think?

Jim,

You would need a crystal ball to know before Saturday that County would draw with Middlesbrough. But, and this is the point, you wouldn't have needed a crystal ball to know that it might happen and to plan for that eventually.

By way of analogy. I was once a front seat passenger in a car crash. I didn't have a crystal ball, I didn't when think for one moment when I got into the car it was going to crash. I was though wearing a seat belt. It no doubt saved me from serious injury or worse.

True leadership is not about posing with the FA Cup, it is not about sitting in the directors box and eating prawn sandwiches at half time. It is about making decision. It is about being responsible and accountable for those decisions.

Now nobody gets it right all the time. And the only way to avoid mistakes is to make no decisions, and that is the biggest failing of all. But neither do shareholders who don't question those decisions, do our club any favours. It is my view that the ability of our board to mismanage ticketing is beyond a joke. It is my view that people who post 'well done the board' whatever happens, are doing a disservice.

Alan G Bryant wrote:As predicted it was the lowest crowd of the season last evening. January is one of the worst months for finances and to have tried to fleece the supporters to guarantee tickets for a game that may not happen would have been a PR disaster.

So in January 2018 when Newport County gave priority tickets for the Spurs Cuptie to people who attended the Carlisle game Alan J Bryant believed that the club were fleecing the supporters.

Interesting. 8)

Alan G Bryant wrote:As predicted it was the lowest crowd of the season last evening. January is one of the worst months for finances and to have tried to fleece the supporters to guarantee tickets for a game that may not happen would have been a PR disaster.

but why not give the fans who did turn up priority?

Brendan, as a County fan I simply don't understand why, instead of discussing your hints, tips and ideas with the Board you choose to post negative post after another about them on here.
You obviously have some good ideas and genuinely believe you could run the club better, so why not engage with them? It's a win-win scenario surely?

Every time I have had something I think could be of benefit to our club I have either e-mailed or discussed at the game with a Board member. They're approachable and welcome new ideas.

county37 wrote:

Just my opinion but you shouldn't get priority for coming to one game.

Exile 1976 wrote:Brendan, as a County fan I simply don't understand why, instead of discussing your hints, tips and ideas with the Board you choose to post negative post after another about them on here.
You obviously have some good ideas and genuinely believe you could run the club better, so why not engage with them? It's a win-win scenario surely?

Every time I have had something I think could be of benefit to our club I have either e-mailed or discussed at the game with a Board member. They're approachable and welcome new ideas.
I have emailed the club on six occasions.

Four times they didn't respond. Once I received a single line reply of 'You will be told when everyone else is'.

With respect to my idea of me putting in £1,000 into a ring fenced trust fund to develop a stadium I had a very pleasant phone call with David Hando. I clearly stated that it couldn only work if it was endorsed by the club. David asked me to do nothing as the club had plans in hand. And that was the last I heard.

I live in another country now. I am not at present in the best of health and frankly if my ideas have merit the board can take them up. They sure as hell read this board. I am not interested in taking any credit, if an idea of mine is good then let our directors take all the credit for implementing. The club is far more important than me.

On final point. Kevin Ward posted on here details about me which are damaging and which he knows to be false. Notwithstanding my attempts at an olive branch he has failed to retract those comments. In those circumstances would you keep contacting the club?

Exile 1976 wrote:
county37 wrote:

Just my opinion but you shouldn't get priority for coming to one game.
I doubt there was anyone there last night who hadn't been to another game all season, i'm talking about the supporters who turn up whatever the weather or the opposition.