Re: Fa cup replay tickets.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Odd that someone so vociferous in their criticism of the club for charging an extra £5 for a definate premiership team at RP is now advocating we charge full price to attend a mid table..........
Tell me, were there plans not to charge normal admission prices for the Port Vale game?

Even by your standards this attempt lacks logical cohesion. You know a lot of people read this board who choose not to comment. They will read that which I have written and they will make up their own minds. As indeed will those who choose to comment. Leaving aside all else I have listed above a series of questions.

Why not just try answering them honestly?

Talking of logic I think the most logical ticketing process would be to offer priority tickets for attending the replay.

It is funny though how the Leicester game was not about making money but generating support and goodwill amongst the supporters. Now you are advocating we maximise revenue from a mid table league 2 clash from the same supporters that just weeks ago you were championing their cause for reductions. Where is the consistency?

It is also worth highlighting that many are still two days from pay day just after Christmas in a month that has already included Leicester & Middlesbrough. It would be a PR disaster.
Help me Alan, are you suggesting that the club reduce the cost of admission for tonight's game?

Also what do you think of my idea to increase trust membership?

Are you going to answer the questions I posed to UTP above?

Or are you just going to snipe?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Does anybody actually have an argument to say I'm wrong?

Anybody? 8)
My only argument would be to cite the example of my nephew, still within the schooling system which means midweek matches are difficult, who isn't a season ticket holder but attends most Saturday home games. Why should he be lower priority than someone who goes to that one match in the hope of increasing their odds of getting a ticket for the bigger game?
Well if he is a trust member there is no problem. However if he isn't then any system is going to be unfair on some.

Much of life is striving to get the best possible outcome. I very much supported the club's initiative to subsidize travel to Middlesbrough. Even though that subsidy was only for Newportonians. It was unfair on those travelling from Worksop or Sheffield or Northampton.

I genuinely hope he gets a ticket in any event.
Not even true Stan. The 'subsidy wasn't 'only to 'Newportonian's' as birth certificates or evidence of domicile wasn't requested. It was given to organised travel recognised and registered with the club. You mentioned Worsop/ Sheffield and Northampton, no doubt to curry favour with our Exile fanbase or perhaps to have another 'cut' at our club - are you suggesting that PiN should have had a contribution to his petrol (if he had gone up to the game) - good luck processing that or the contribution to a flight from the States!!!

When a job is comes up for 'Chief Agent Provocateur' you will be a shoo-in. This thread as all the makings of another 'seatgate' - please post up photos of empty seats for PV (freezing cold and wet night) for Stan to count up and speculate upon.

Marky wrote:We need all the support we can get for the Middlesbrough game to give us a better chance of winning.
Agree with this of course. I note that there is no mention of the North Terrace in the notification of ticket prices, or would that area be included within the Hazel terrace prices? or is the club waiting to see what the demand is before deciding to open the North terrace?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Stan , I for one like your idea for increasing Trust membership. The more the better, obviously. Unless someone can point out to me the negative side to this proposal that hasn't occurred to me? But is time running out ?
Thank you. You will notice that other than the fair point raised by Wattsville, which I hope I answered, nobody has raised a single objection to either of my two suggestions. Predictably, two posters have done their usual of just blindly criticizing me. Messr's Bryant and fourthousand are quite entitled to do so. I hope that the majority will simply read what I say and if they find fault with my reasoning let me and us know what it is.

I am not even going to try to argue Fourthousand's point. I clearly meant that coaches from Newport were subsidized only. As I was taught years ago and tried to impart on my pupils, you can always find a pedantic argument, but raising it makes you look foolish.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Stan , I for one like your idea for increasing Trust membership. The more the better, obviously. Unless someone can point out to me the negative side to this proposal that hasn't occurred to me? But is time running out ?
Thank you. You will notice that other than the fair point raised by Wattsville, which I hope I answered, nobody has raised a single objection to either of my two suggestions. Predictably, two posters have done their usual of just blindly criticizing me. Messr's Bryant and four thousand ate quite entitled to do so. I hope that the majority will simply read what I say and if they find fault with my reasoning let me and us know what it is.

I am not even going to try to argue Fourthousand's point. I clearly meant that coaches from Newport were subsidized only. As I was taught years ago and tried to impart on my pupils, you can always find a pedantic argument, but raising it makes you look foolish.
So was it 'unfair to other fans...' as you stated? and how would you have administered 'fairness' ?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Further to my posts above and indeed many other posts above.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It is the opinion of Cornish and Corkie that the club got the ticketing right. It is the opinion of Exile and Cat that I am just making arguments.

My opinion is that the club failed to consider that the Middlesbrough game might go to a replay and thus failed to do the obvious of giving vouchers at the Port Vale game for the replay.

Of course I could keep quiet and say well done the club. Or I could say what I think and hope that if we get Barnsley away in the 3rd Round next January, someone, director or paid official might think, you know what...........

Sorry if this upsets you.
Afternoon Brendan. You are partly wrong on this one. The club did consider that the 'Boro game might go to a replay. On our website it clearly says that ticket prices for the replay were decided by both clubs prior to Saturday.
But the club didn't go on to examine all the possible consequences. Jim and Exile say it's hindsight on my part. It isn't. It isn't even my idea. It's been done before.

You were in the RAF. I imagine that all flight crew practice how to get out of a aeroplane which is about to crash, even though most aircrew will go through their entire career without being in a crashing aircraft.

Planning is working out what to do if and when the unlikely happens.
Brendan, that's why I said you were partly wrong, not wholly wrong. I like the idea about increasing Trust membership and a reward scheme for tickets.

I cannot comment on RAF growbags practice for all eventualities as it wasn't my area but you are probably correct. My area was elsewhere. It is just not feasible to examine all possible consequences as you mention. Take a technical risk assessment for example. You analyse all the risks that you perceive but you may miss something out. You do the best that you can with the information available.

There is a lot of management and corporate bullshit about planning, accountability, governance etc, (I could go on). In the real world planning is about doing the best that you can at the time to get work done safely, effectively with the resources you have at your disposal. It is not about examining all possible consequences.

My point - at the time, the County officials probably made the best decision that they could have at the time with the information that they had. This does not make me a County Board supporter under all situations, I just happen to think that they had considered the possibility of a replay and did their best.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Thank you. You will notice that other than the fair point raised by Wattsville, which I hope I answered, nobody has raised a single objection to either of my two suggestions. Predictably, two posters have done their usual of just blindly criticizing me. Messr's Bryant and four thousand ate quite entitled to do so. I hope that the majority will simply read what I say and if they find fault with my reasoning let me and us know what it is.

IF you meant that then don't use inaccurate and emotive wordage in an effort to build up a it's 'unfair' arguement and something that couldn't be implemented in practice.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:For posters information, especially Stan have just received an E-mail from the trust saying anyone who is signed up and has paid their first prescription to the trust by 5 p.m. Thurs 31st Jan will be eligible for priority tickets for FA cup ? Not sure when this decision was made?
Doesn't matter whether the club acknowledge whose idea it is. It's the sensible thing to do and I am pleased with that at least.

Two points firstly it needs to be publicised. Secondly it's Tuesday night. By the time this gets into the Argus or any other publicity vehicle, Thursday 5pm is not giving it nearly enough time.

Message to the board of Newport County AFC. I am sure that whatever you do there will be people coming on here praising you. By time limiting the idea to 5pm Thursday you are making a major error.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:For posters information, especially Stan have just received an E-mail from the trust saying anyone who is signed up and has paid their first prescription to the trust by 5 p.m. Thurs 31st Jan will be eligible for priority tickets for FA cup ? Not sure when this decision was made?
Doesn't matter whether the club acknowledge whose idea it is. It's the sensible thing to do and I am pleased with that at least.

Two points firstly it needs to be publicised. Secondly it's Tuesday night. By the time this gets into the Argus or any other publicity vehicle, Thursday 5pm is not giving it nearly enough time.

Message to the board of Newport County AFC. I am sure that whatever you do there will be people coming on here praising you. By time limiting the idea to 5pm Thursday you are making a major error.
'We'll how am I supposed to feel with all the things you don't reveal and you can thank your lucky stars that we're not as smart as we'd like to think we are' I'm back!, You're toast! :wink:

jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

'We'll how am I supposed to feel with all the things you don't reveal and you can thank your lucky stars that we're not as smart as we'd like to think we are' I'm back!, You're toast! :wink:
Hi Colin,

On the pop again by any chance? :grin:

Message to the board of Newport County AFC. I am sure that whatever you do there will be people coming on here praising you. By time limiting the idea to 5pm Thursday you are making a major error.[/quote]

'We'll how am I supposed to feel with all the things you don't reveal and you can thank your lucky stars that we're not as smart as we'd like to think we are' I'm back!, You're toast! :wink:[/quote]

Hi Colin,

On the pop again by any chance? :grin:[/quote]

No! Just ready to expose you for what you are...... Newport's Donald Trump, ie a pumped up ego, with no substance. Even bigger wink. ******! :wink:

jonescmj1 wrote:

No! Just ready to expose you for what you are...... Newport's Donald Trump, ie a pumped up ego, with no substance. Even bigger wink. ******! :wink:
Let me help you. The best way to achieve that would be to look at the two suggestions which I have written and logically spell out why you think I am wrong. If you merely insult me then it says rather more about you than it does about me, don't ya think?