Re: Fa cup replay tickets.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Odd that someone so vociferous in their criticism of the club for charging an extra £5 for a definate premiership team at RP is now advocating we charge full price to attend a mid table..........
Tell me, were there plans not to charge normal admission prices for the Port Vale game?

Even by your standards this attempt lacks logical cohesion. You know a lot of people read this board who choose not to comment. They will read that which I have written and they will make up their own minds. As indeed will those who choose to comment. Leaving aside all else I have listed above a series of questions.

Why not just try answering them honestly?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Does anybody actually have an argument to say I'm wrong?

Anybody? 8)
My only argument would be to cite the example of my nephew, still within the schooling system which means midweek matches are difficult, who isn't a season ticket holder but attends most Saturday home games. Why should he be lower priority than someone who goes to that one match in the hope of increasing their odds of getting a ticket for the bigger game?

SUB TOPIC:
Comparison of Boro' prices to League game prices:

Leaving aside, Family tickets, Hospitality & 100 Club, the price range for Home fans at League games has 24 pricing bands, with the total cost of buying one ticket in each band being £248..... giving an average price of £10.33

For the Boro game, the price range has 15 pricing bands, with the total cost of buying one ticket in each band being £173.....giving an average price of £11.53....... just 11.7% higher than a League game when comparing like-for-like.

wattsville_boy wrote:

Anybody? 8)
My only argument would be to cite the example of my nephew, still within the schooling system which means midweek matches are difficult, who isn't a season ticket holder but attends most Saturday home games. Why should he be lower priority than someone who goes to that one match in the hope of increasing their odds of getting a ticket for the bigger game?
Well if he is a trust member there is no problem. However if he isn't then any system is going to be unfair on some.

Much of life is striving to get the best possible outcome. I very much supported the club's initiative to subsidize travel to Middlesbrough. Even though that subsidy was only for Newportonians. It was unfair on those travelling from Worksop or Sheffield or Northampton.

I genuinely hope he gets a ticket in any event.

Did anyone see the Middlesbrough replay coming before Saturday...........IMO probably not but now it has and the chance where we could progress to the 5th round where there are only 32 teams left in the competition being drawn against a 'BIG CLUB' in almost every season apart from this one where many big clubs have already exited the competition is pretty high.
Most seasons out of the last 32 teams left in the 5th round you can normally expect 14 Premier League and 8 or 9 Championship clubs left in the competition at this stage so a BIG draw is a probability

Anybody? 8)
I agree with you Stan :cheers:

Everyone has their views over the rights and wrongs, the timescales for selling tickets etc but the simple commercial view is that if you offer priority to Middlesbrough ticket holders those extra people turn up, pay their money, and we give 45% or whatever of that money to Middlesbrough. Had we done the same for the Port Vale game we would have kept all that extra gate money for ourselves.

Collars wrote:

Anybody? 8)
I agree with you Stan :cheers:

Everyone has their views over the rights and wrongs, the timescales for selling tickets etc but the simple commercial view is that if you offer priority to Middlesbrough ticket holders those extra people turn up, pay their money, and we give 45% or whatever of that money to Middlesbrough. Had we done the same for the Port Vale game we would have kept all that extra gate money for ourselves.
Based on my nominal average ticket prices, unless we're planning to install extra seats, we could actually take around £1000 less for the Boro' game, than an average League game, for the same tickets, comparing like-for-like*, cos as you say,we have to give Boro 45% of any extra. And the prices* are only 11.7% higher.... slightly under priced in my view.
Had we known this, the Port Vale game would have been the one to do the priority on.... but due to timescales, it is what it is. End of the day, an extra fixture, ANY extra fixture is money for the club.

Thanks collars. :cheers:

Now just to show how great a fan I am here is a suggestion to make the club lots of extra dosh from this Cup run.

We know that whilst it is not probable it is certainly possible that we will beat Middlesbrough. If we beat Middlesbrough then no doubt the capacity will be increased for the Manchester City game. However even with the extra capacity 10,000 will be about the maximum. Manchester will no doubt want 1500 tickets leaving 8,500 for County. I expect demand on this occasion will outstrip supply.

So what I would do now and the club can do this if they wish, is very simple.

I would announce that all trust members who join before the Middlesbrough replay will get priority for tickets for the Manchester City game if we make it through.

So all those lapsed trustees will have an incentive to rejoin the trust, and those supporters who hitherto have not joined the trust will have an incentive to do so.

Of course the club can only guarantee the advantages of trust membership, so there is no exploitation. But should County progress the rewards are great.

Easy eh?

wattsville_boy wrote:

Anybody? 8)
Your nephew, and others like him, are the reason we need a points-based priority system, with individual client reference numbers so his support level & loyalty to the club, compared to others would already be known, and he'd take his place in the pecking order with everyone else. That's the fairest way. Even away games would provide loyalty points, so those who support more, get more priority, including the purchase of Season Ticket, Merchandise, Hospitality, basically any way in which one demonstrates one's financial support for the club.

neilcork68 wrote:Did anyone see the Middlesbrough replay coming before Saturday...........IMO probably not but now it has and the chance where we could progress to the 5th round where there are only 32 teams left in the competition being drawn against a 'BIG CLUB' in almost every season apart from this one where many big clubs have already exited the competition is pretty high.
Most seasons out of the last 32 teams left in the 5th round you can normally expect 14 Premier League and 8 or 9 Championship clubs left in the competition at this stage so a BIG draw is a probability
5th round is last 16 - sorry for the pedantry - your point still stands!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Odd that someone so vociferous in their criticism of the club for charging an extra £5 for a definate premiership team at RP is now advocating we charge full price to attend a mid table..........
Tell me, were there plans not to charge normal admission prices for the Port Vale game?

Even by your standards this attempt lacks logical cohesion. You know a lot of people read this board who choose not to comment. They will read that which I have written and they will make up their own minds. As indeed will those who choose to comment. Leaving aside all else I have listed above a series of questions.

Why not just try answering them honestly?

Talking of logic I think the most logical ticketing process would be to offer priority tickets for attending the replay.

It is funny though how the Leicester game was not about making money but generating support and goodwill amongst the supporters. Now you are advocating we maximise revenue from a mid table league 2 clash from the same supporters that just weeks ago you were championing their cause for reductions. Where is the consistency?

It is also worth highlighting that many are still two days from pay day just after Christmas in a month that has already included Leicester & Middlesbrough. It would be a PR disaster.

Re: Fa cup replay tickets/Priorities???

I don't understand the point that more regular game attendees feel they should have priority in ticket purchase..... why is that actually something that matters?
As a season ticket holder i don't feel upset if we get a few 'ringers' turning up? after all this is a football club who rarely fill their capacity, and if someone turns up just once a year, buys a ticket, has a pint or two and disappears into the sunset, so what?

it's not 'The Slaughtered Lamb' in AWIL for goodness sake...we're not all saying 'we don't want strangers in our village' are we?

if you get a hand on a ticket, whether you're a regular or not..welcome, hope you have a great time. and if some arse who's been every saturday since he was three wants to sulk about priority lists, that's pretty pathetic.
One game a year or ALL games a year...no one has a right to tell you they are a more true supporter than you. In fact their attitude suggests they're not.
Twunts.

Re: Fa cup replay tickets/Priorities???

I don't understand the point that more regular game attendees feel they should have priority in ticket purchase..... why is that actually something that matters?
As a season ticket holder i don't feel upset if we get a few 'ringers' turning up? after all this is a football club who rarely fill their capacity, and if someone turns up just once a year, buys a ticket, has a pint or two and disappears into the sunset, so what?

it's not 'The Slaughtered Lamb' in AWIL for goodness sake...we're not all saying 'we don't want strangers in our village' are we?

if you get a hand on a ticket, whether you're a regular or not..welcome, hope you have a great time. and if some arse who's been every saturday since he was three wants to sulk about priority lists, that's pretty pathetic.
One game a year or ALL games a year...no one has a right to tell you they are a more true supporter than you. In fact their attitude suggests they're not.
Twunts.