Re: Fa cup replay tickets.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Further to my posts above and indeed many other posts above.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It is the opinion of Cornish and Corkie that the club got the ticketing right. It is the opinion of Exile and Cat that I am just making arguments.

My opinion is that the club failed to consider that the Middlesbrough game might go to a replay and thus failed to do the obvious of giving vouchers at the Port Vale game for the replay.

Of course I could keep quiet and say well done the club. Or I could say what I think and hope that if we get Barnsley away in the 3rd Round next January, someone, director or paid official might think, you know what...........

Sorry if this upsets you.
Bren did you post that PV game should be a voucher game before Middlesbrough

Because hindsight is a wonderful thing

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Further to my posts above and indeed many other posts above.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It is the opinion of Cornish and Corkie that the club got the ticketing right. It is the opinion of Exile and Cat that I am just making arguments.

My opinion is that the club failed to consider that the Middlesbrough game might go to a replay and thus failed to do the obvious of giving vouchers at the Port Vale game for the replay.

Of course I could keep quiet and say well done the club. Or I could say what I think and hope that if we get Barnsley away in the 3rd Round next January, someone, director or paid official might think, you know what...........

I'm staying out of this one !!!! :shock:
UTC

UPTHEPORT wrote:

Interesting. Both you and Exile are saying hindsight is a wonderful thing. So to answer your question. No I didn't post before the Middlesbrough game.

However it was what the club did last year v Carlisle, and it was what Newport County did back in 1979, unfortunately we didn't get to play Manchester United as we lost the replay at Colchester.

All I am saying is that if the club did what they have done in the past we would have made more money. The only explanation is that the CEO took his/her eye off the ball in not countenancing that Middlesbrough v Newport County might end in a draw.

Which is why competent CEO's are employed. And to tell you the truth I can't even remember if we have a CEO or not.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Further to the above. County v Hartlepool cold Friday night 1979. Programme note. Whilst the club (County) don't wish to predict the outcome of our replay at Colchester we have included a voucher in the programme in the event we win through to play Manchester United.

Not hindsight Jim.
The draw for the United game had already taken place
Its to late to implement it for PV game now

Perhaps I'm missing the point here.

Why do you need a voucher? Why not say you need to produce your ticket? As the PV game has not taken place yet nobody has destroyed their ticket yet and you could get well over 500 more walk up sales.

500 x 20 = 10,000 and the costs don't increase apart from printing more tickets...

It can't guarantee you will get a ticket for the next round as they might sell out but will give priority.

Afternoon Brendan. You are partly wrong on this one. The club did consider that the 'Boro game might go to a replay. On our website it clearly says that ticket prices for the replay were decided by both clubs prior to Saturday.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Further to the above. County v Hartlepool cold Friday night 1979. Programme note. Whilst the club (County) don't wish to predict the outcome of our replay at Colchester we have included a voucher in the programme in the event we win through to play Manchester United.

Not hindsight Jim.
The draw for the United game had already taken place
Its to late to implement it for PV game now
I agree. However it doesn't alter the point. We all agree that we want to see Newport County being financially successful. There is disagreement as to whether County should put up prices for big games.

Now honesty answer these questions.

Was it reasonably foreseeable that the Middlesbrough game might end in a draw?

If yes, was it reasonably foreseeable that the 5th round draw might throw up a huge tie?

If yes, would it have been sensible to have vouchers in place for distribution at the Port Vale game in the event of the first two possibilities becoming a reality?

I am convinced that my idea would have meant greater income for Newport County. So I am therefore convinced that the club have not made the best decision.

So do I say what I think in the hope if and when this situation arises again someone in authority will consider my idea or do I court the favour of those who believe that the club can do no wrong?

What do you think?

pembsexile wrote:

Afternoon Brendan. You are partly wrong on this one. The club did consider that the 'Boro game might go to a replay. On our website it clearly says that ticket prices for the replay were decided by both clubs prior to Saturday.
But the club didn't go on to examine all the possible consequences. Jim and Exile say it's hindsight on my part. It isn't. It isn't even my idea. It's been done before.

You were in the RAF. I imagine that all flight crew practice how to get out of a aeroplane which is about to crash, even though most aircrew will go through their entire career without being in a crashing aircraft.

Planning is working out what to do if and when the unlikely happens.

CB. wrote:Perhaps I'm missing the point here.

Why do you need a voucher? Why not say you need to produce your ticket? As the PV game has not taken place yet nobody has destroyed their ticket yet and you could get well over 500 more walk up sales.

500 x 20 = 10,000 and the costs don't increase apart from printing more tickets...

It can't guarantee you will get a ticket for the next round as they might sell out but will give priority.
That's a fair point. However the club have already decided not to do that and have published the details. It's therefore too late.

A point often made on here following one of your "good ideas" Stan is why aren't you writing to the club about such things? Then in the case of an oversight having taken place an amendment can be made to ensure the club doesn't replicate their error. It would also provide you with an answer to your "why didn't the club do..." question with a "yes we did" or "no we didn't because..." answer.

wattsville_boy wrote:A point often made on here following one of your "good ideas" Stan is why aren't you writing to the club about such things? Then in the case of an oversight having taken place an amendment can be made to ensure the club doesn't replicate their error. It would also provide you with an answer to your "why didn't the club do..." question with a "yes we did" or "no we didn't because..." answer.
They have email too...