Re: Mom Middlesbrough

Watched on TV so difficult to see 100% of the action, but here's my observations.

Can't fault the effort of every single player - no slackers!!! Even Robbie Willmott made a number of tackles - he's in the same vein of form that he showed this time last year (from Leeds to Spurs replay)

Being critical (and pretty harsh here!) Bakinson worked hard but his end product is very poor, as his reading of the game - makes some very poor decisions - and tackling has dropped off massively over the past 2 months. Thought Flynny left him on 15 minutes too long. Townsend isn't L2 standard - end of debate. Semenyo for all his endeavour and threat was great up until the final third. Had a couple of chances to score and messed up. He is definitely a top prospect, but needs to improve dramatically around the box. Amond was a bit quiet - so not sure whether he was marked out of the game or not. Noticed he got deeper and deeper as the game went on - not what you want from your top scorer. Was surprised to see him get subbed, especially as we were 1 down.

Positives - Regan Poole has made a huge difference since coming back. IMHO he was our best in terms of how he performed. I don't think he put a foot wrong all game. Hopefully he will be a key to our run for playoffs/avoiding the drop/regaining league form (select as appropriate). Exceptional player - very happy we have him back.
Mickey D and MOB were actually quite solid too. No glaring errors to speak of. Same for Butler - and he kept attacking and adding width. Worked well with Semenyo down the left.
Benno was basically everywhere. made some great tackles. Still struggles getting forward but he was our rock in the middle of the park. Doesn't take any crap and always keen to get the ball.
Matt continues to put himself about which is always good to see. I slagged him off earlier in the season as he seemed to be going through the motions, but his partnership with Amond and Willmott's form improvement seems to have given him an edge. Speaking of Willmott - played well - gives width - he was used more as a wing back really so it was refreshing to see him chase back and make tackles.
Thought Dolan should have been on earlier as we needed more drive in midfield and some better distribution. Good to see Labadie back too.

Concerned that we had no keeper on the bench. Surely we knew that Day could have been missing at some stage. Do we not have a youth teamer that could have filled a hole in case of emergency??? Incredibly risky!

Great result. We definitely held our own and as the gaffer says - the one thing we will always do is fight!

beefy

Re: Mom Middlesbrough

I was there and couldn't be any prouder of my fellow fans and players on the pitch. What made it so special was it was full of familiar faces that are hardcore fans.
Man of the match for me was Bennett, but if I had to pick a player who is destined to play at a high level, Semanyo is that man. Absolute class.