Re: New Players

DT1892 wrote:Remember him from Crewe last year. Seemed a real pest, good signing
Villa boy ? My mate in work who has been to about 18 of our games is a Villa fan , and rates him highly .
He made a point of coming to the Crewe game to have a look .

Good signings if you ask me .

So much for leaving things til last minute , eh , Neil ? Like most other clubs do their January business at the end of December of course :wink:

Countymadbell wrote:Personally would like a right back as well
Can understand your feelings about that. Guess not all targets come to fruition? Have to make due with Forbes/Pipe til end of season. I expect Poole could do a job in that position if necessary also.
Personally i hope MF has the gumption to play some of the new signings Sat, giving some key players a rest before the Boro replay

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Can understand your feelings about that. Guess not all targets come to fruition? Have to make due with Forbes/Pipe til end of season. I expect Poole could do a job in that position if necessary also.
Personally i hope MF has the gumption to play some of the new signings Sat, giving some key players a rest before the Boro replay
Don't understand- what postion has Poole been playing if not RB?

Fourthousand wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Don't understand- what postion has Poole been playing if not RB?
Just about to say that

Remember the villa kid playing in that Crewe game against us , really liked him, proper jinking dropping the shoulder socks round the ankles kid - old skool - he played with a couple of other young lads that game and they tore us to bits - great signing - Azeez brings much needed pace to the side and Kennedy appears a goal scoring midfielder (though I don’t remember him from games against us) - tick list done - well done all.

Corpaboy wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Remember him from Crewe last year. Seemed a real pest, good signing
Villa boy ? My mate in work who has been to about 18 of our games is a Villa fan , and rates him highly .
He made a point of coming to the Crewe game to have a look .

Good signings if you ask me .
Yeah. If I remember correctly he wound up the fans a fair bit during the game, which is usually a sign he was having a good game.