New Players

I wonder if MF has delayed making the signings referred to in the SWA to see how the weekend pans out financially.

If we get at least a share of the EFL cup money ( between £ 125k to £250k ) if we match or beat Oldham’s progress in the cup , then surely MF will be able to shop at a slightly higher level,

Clearly the club will want to keep the majority of any monies earned but a quality signing like Amond could go a long way to being self financing if we mount a playoff challenge,

Also if the players in question are already cup tied no point signing before the deadline for the Port Vale game

Re: New Players

Whilst at least £125.000 plus gate receipts from both Middlesborough games assured, puts us in a stronger position to obtain extra players, but time is running out and I get the impression that MF's targets have not materialised, for one reason or another. However with 2 matches a week for the next month, re-enforcements will surely be needed.

We still have two loan spots free and we should be able to sign quality players in given the money available.

Obviously MF is looking for at least one permanent signing to strengthen the squad , with a mind to next season as welll as making a push for the playoffs.

Let’s hope for some good news on Monday.

DPT wrote:We still have two loan spots free and we should be able to sign quality players in given the money available.

Obviously MF is looking for at least one permanent signing to strengthen the squad , with a mind to next season as welll as making a push for the playoffs.

Let’s hope for some good news on Monday.
Yes indeed. wonder what posters feel are the priority positions now? With Labadie slowly returing to fitness, and improving performences from Bennet & Bakinson. Dolan fitness apparantly now improving after a rest, and dare I mention the threat of Cofts actually making another cameo in the not to distant future, I feel we need another striker as cover in case anything happens tp Matt, Amond or Semenyo, especially as all 3 are now first choices to start.

Not wholly in favour of the loan system, limited to 2 per season would be acceptable. I believe we should look for the discards from the academies and develop these players, would be cheaper and could result as with Poole good transfer revenue. I find clubs who flood their academies with British talent, release them, without a future, and then spend fortunes on foreign players, a disgrace to the sport.

As a lower league club with permanently sign players, developing youngsters, would be a better option than loan players in my opinion, at least you would know you got them for the length of their contracts, and would play for extensions to their contracts.

ajs wrote:Not wholly in favour of the loan system, limited to 2 per season would be acceptable. I believe we should look for the discards from the academies and develop these players, would be cheaper and could result as with Poole good transfer revenue. I find clubs who flood their academies with British talent, release them, without a future, and then spend fortunes on foreign players, a disgrace to the sport.

As a lower league club with permanently sign players, developing youngsters, would be a better option than loan players in my opinion, at least you would know you got them for the length of their contracts, and would play for extensions to their contracts.
I've long been in favour of the Premier League clubs being restricted to how many academy players they can sign at each age group. They just hoover up everyone as it costs them relatively nothing in todays world and then just discard what they don't want.

Not that the England situation bothers most of us but someone like Loftus-Cheek - can't get in the Chelsea side yet they won't sell him either. If Chelsea had been made to really think about whether they wanted him when he was 12/13 he may have ended up at a Crystal Palace or Watford and actually ended up player regular football. That ripples down the entire league structure so maybe County would be able to pick up kids who are at Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol City and rarely get the chance to show what they can do.