Re: Albania v Wales

Cornish Exile wrote:Giggs is blaming the players for complacency. Surely it's the manager's job, amongst other things, to motivate the players.
"Giggs is blaming players for complacency"
This is the Ryan Giggs that missed half or more of the non-competitive Wales games he was called up for ??? Surely not ???

Not just Vokes, I know it was a friendly and they are to look at new players but it was the regulars that I felt let Wales down, Ramsey and Bale when they came on couldn't pass a ball, Allen was the only player who looked half decent and then ran out of steam.

Very weak at the back, still not sure about Roberts but I did think that the new boy Lawrence did okay.

Tbh if Vokes had scored half of the very good chances he had, and we had been given the stonewall pen, then we’d have won comfortably and we prob wouldn’t even be wasting our energy typing.

The starting x1 was hardly one that would have been chosen if the game actually meant something, other than an exercise.

"Giggs is blaming players for complacency"
This is the Ryan Giggs that missed half or more of the non-competitive Wales games he was called up for ??? Surely not ???[/quote]

He would have been a mug to attend them, surrounded by a weak squad of players who needed game time whereas he was keeping himself fit to play at a very high level in the Premier League and European football.