Re: January window

wattsville_boy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Both teams gain from the loan system.Would we have beaten Leeds without Mccoulsky?.We wouldn't have scored that second goal yesterday,that was made in Bristol.
Without the loans system big clubs couldn't hoover up young players the way they do now. Had today's system been in place forty years ago John Aldridge would have been a loanee from Liverpool. If the system that prevails forty years ago been in place now, perhaps McCoulsky would be a County player.

Farming benefits both us and the pig. The gets a nice warm shed and winter feed. We get a bacon sandwich

Bristol City is the farmer. And we are the pig.
I disagree with your examples. Aldridge was a "late developer" 40 odd years ago and so would have still missed being picked up by Liverpool Academy even if todays system were in place at that time. McCoulsky might similarly have missed out on an Academy place at Brizzle were the system from 40 years ago in place today purely due to less places being available.

But would either player be particularly interested in a team whose Manager appears not to give chances to younger inexperienced players?
If you are correct then would County not be better off looking for these 'late developers'?

The loan system is a con. The little clubs develop talent and get no ongoing benefit. It is very similar to the agents argument. Isn't it good we can develop good relationships with agents? No, so can everyone else. Strip it down, agents take money from the game. What do they add? Nothing?

Now strip down the loans system. Small clubs develop talent. In the old days we had the ongoing benefit of being able to sell on this developed talent. Today we still develop but there is no ongoing benefit.

Then the big clubs say this is a win/win situation. The big clubs win in that the little clubs develop. They then win again as they don't have to pay transfer fees on this developed talent. For the big clubs it truly is win/win. Now if they are winning, who do you say is losing?

Touray is at Barry.It benefits us to see if he developes into a EFL standard player for us.I can't imagine Barry fans are moaning at us for using them to bring on our players.Would they prefer a local player instead from say Sully FC,no they are pleased to have a guy doing well for their team.As I say,both teams benefit from the loan system.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:If you are correct then would County not be better off looking for these 'late developers'?

The loan system is a con. The little clubs develop talent and get no ongoing benefit. It is very similar to the agents argument. Isn't it good we can develop good relationships with agents? No, so can everyone else. Strip it down, agents take money from the game. What do they add? Nothing?

Now strip down the loans system. Small clubs develop talent. In the old days we had the ongoing benefit of being able to sell on this developed talent. Today we still develop but there is no ongoing benefit.

Then the big clubs say this is a win/win situation. The big clubs win in that the little clubs develop. They then win again as they don't have to pay transfer fees on this developed talent. For the big clubs it truly is win/win. Now if they are winning, who do you say is losing?
I think there are some benefits from the loan system. For instance I think Bristol City were happy with the way that McCoulsky was "brought on" by County last season and in the handling of his pericarditis last season. The benefit was that this season they seemed more than happy to allow three of their "highly regarded" youngsters to come on loan knowing that County will treat them well and develop their game. Similarly Brighton seemed very happy with the developments Ben White made last season and although it hasn't led to any further loans this season I do wonder whether they may have had some hand in the signing of Tyler-Forbes in the close season, someone they released but might make the grade at a lower level of football.

I accept that the bigger clubs possibly get more from the arrangement but good contacts and good reviews generally is good news in any business...

If Ben White,Tyreeq etc go on to have great careers and play for England,I would be pleased for them and proud that AFC played a part in their success.If they don't make the grade at their Clubs,then we know their qualities and could have first chance of re-signing them and they could want to come back.If they hadn't played on loan,we wouldn't know if they could fit in with our systems and they would probably consider other options as they had no affinity with us.Another advantage of the loan system.

Percy plunkett wrote:If Ben White,Tyreeq etc go on to have great careers and play for England,I would be pleased for them and proud that AFC played a part in their success.

I remember just after County went bust watching a then First Division game on the TV.

John Aldridge was taking a penalty, the goalkeeper was Roger Freestone.

Did I feel pride, or did I feel anguish?

Go on Percy mate, take a wild guess.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:If Ben White,Tyreeq etc go on to have great careers and play for England,I would be pleased for them and proud that AFC played a part in their success.

I remember just after County went bust watching a then First Division game on the TV.

John Aldridge was taking a penalty, the goalkeeper was Roger Freestone.

Did I feel pride, or did I feel anguish?

Go on Percy mate, take a wild guess.

Not forgetting Darren Peacock who left to sign for a Hereford United for nothing when we folded. Transfer fees and sell ons subsequently earned them nearly £700k over the years, not that it helped.