Re: January window

I wonder how much that depends upon the uptake of the new Trust packages. One £10 pa being updated to £5 per month is a six-fold increase in funds. With the possibility (however remote) of a big cup match, and we saw what a flurry of trust membership happened last January, now is a good time to act. Ticket priority is part of the package.

excessbee wrote:I wonder how much that depends upon the uptake of the new Trust packages. One £10 pa being updated to £5 per month is a six-fold increase in funds. With the possibility (however remote) of a big cup match, and we saw what a flurry of trust membership happened last January, now is a good time to act. Ticket priority is part of the package.
I agree with that, also a regular monthly income with the new trust packages makes future planning a little more predictable. However,there are still a lot of games between now and January and as we all know things could look far different in a few weeks.

the 80k tv appearance for the wrectum game means we could sign one player on our top wages for a season.
trust membership payments are on a good take up so I am sure the club will back Flynny in Jan, prob see a few go, like Cooper poss Forbes and couple come in. what with crofts and labs coming back I am well satisfied we'll make a genuine push. UTC

Percy plunkett wrote:Just our luck,four good ones could all go back in January,one not so good stays.
Nothing to do with luck. The reality is that the loan system works like this. Clubs with money hoover up young players. They then loan them out. The smaller clubs develop the players and help to pay the wages. The bigger clubs then take back the players who have whatever it is that means they make the grade.

And the best bit, the biggest laugh of all. We think they're doing us a favour.

Bristol City have shown that they are not averse to extending a six month loan. At present they are some way short of challenging for a playoff place.. My hope is that they will see more value in their youngsters continuing their development playing regularly in league two than in the development team.

excessbee wrote:Bristol City have shown that they are not averse to extending a six month loan. At present they are some way short of challenging for a playoff place.. My hope is that they will see more value in their youngsters continuing their development playing regularly in league two than in the development team.
Lets hope so. But is there a danger that considering their indifferent current form they may consider recalling one or more of their loanees and giving him an opportunity in their first team squad?

Percy plunkett wrote:Both teams gain from the loan system.Would we have beaten Leeds without Mccoulsky?.We wouldn't have scored that second goal yesterday,that was made in Bristol.
Without the loans system big clubs couldn't hoover up young players the way they do now. Had today's system been in place forty years ago John Aldridge would have been a loanee from Liverpool. If the system that prevails forty years ago been in place now, perhaps McCoulsky would be a County player.

Farming benefits both us and the pig. The gets a nice warm shed and winter feed. We get a bacon sandwich

Bristol City is the farmer. And we are the pig.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Both teams gain from the loan system.Would we have beaten Leeds without Mccoulsky?.We wouldn't have scored that second goal yesterday,that was made in Bristol.
Without the loans system big clubs couldn't hoover up young players the way they do now. Had today's system been in place forty years ago John Aldridge would have been a loanee from Liverpool. If the system that prevails forty years ago been in place now, perhaps McCoulsky would be a County player.

Farming benefits both us and the pig. The gets a nice warm shed and winter feed. We get a bacon sandwich

Bristol City is the farmer. And we are the pig.
I disagree with your examples. Aldridge was a "late developer" 40 odd years ago and so would have still missed being picked up by Liverpool Academy even if todays system were in place at that time. McCoulsky might similarly have missed out on an Academy place at Brizzle were the system from 40 years ago in place today purely due to less places being available.

But would either player be particularly interested in a team whose Manager appears not to give chances to younger inexperienced players?