December fixtures

Just looking ahead to what is coming up next month. From December 8th we have Swindon, MK Dons, Lincoln and FGR one after another. I think if we get 6+ points from those games we will be doing OK. If we are still in the top three automatic places after those games we will be serious contenders. Cmon the County.

Re: December fixtures

Can't predict anything this season. We've dealt well with fancied teams like Exeter and Colchester (and Notts County :grin:) and also seen off most of those whose fans thought we were cannon fodder. The two teams who beat us comfortably have struggled a bit, although Mansfield are now getting into gear. A couple of weekends where results go against us and we could easily find ourselves in tenth place. It seems that we have to win to stay where we are. Mind you it's the same for half a dozen others.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:Bearing in mind that Mike Flynn has as yet not had a fully fit squad available, we're not doing too badly.
We are doing very well. Flynn deserves the plaudits.

Serious question. Would you take the playoffs right now?
I think with the availability of senior players such as Crofts, Labadie and Bennet, together with the odd signing in January we have a good chance of finishing in the top three.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:Bearing in mind that Mike Flynn has as yet not had a fully fit squad available, we're not doing too badly.

I think with the availability of senior players such as Crofts, Labadie and Bennet, together with the odd signing in January we have a good chance of finishing in the top three.
That was not what I asked. :?

Percy plunkett wrote:If we take our Amber tinted glasses off and be honest,we won't finish top three.A play off place would be fab but top ten is more likely.
Logically it must be. If we make the playoffs we will have to have a top ten finish.

One little thing. If you are in a promotion spot at the end of November then surely you have a chance of remaining there. If Accrington can do it, why not?

Even getting to the playoffs and coming up short would represent an excellent season. If we end up 8th, 9th or 10th, the reality is people will remember a disappointing second half of the season. The positive start we have made will be history.
Last edited by excessbee on November 18th, 2018, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANYTHING is possible
Morecambe beat Forest Green Roofers yesterday and if that match wasn't a stone wall home win no other was..BBC match stats show how one-sided it was, but Morecambe put one in the net
The few highlights clips I have seen show us trying playing a quality passing game.
Amazing performance with so many injuries..
Good team ethos
The MIGHTY PORT.....will just surprise all the sceptics and will be there come playoff time
:bounce:

Someone mentioned on here some time ago that there have been some strange results for a lot of teams this season. Anyone is capable of beating anyone else on their day.

A string of bad/mediocre results and we could find ourselves in 11th/12th place. Alternatively a couple of those teams below us could string some results together and unless we match it we drop down the table. The top 10 is probably too close to call at the moment.

Surely everyone on here would take what we have right now at the start of the season. For me, then, it was getting to safety as soon as possible. As I mentioned at the start, we will have a much better idea of where we are after the 4 tough games in December. I suppose all we can do at the moment is enjoy the ride. Long may it continue.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes. Definately.

Also, I'm sure a May Wembley date would likely be a far more pleasant day than a cold January night.

pembsexile wrote:Someone mentioned on here some time ago that there have been some strange results for a lot of teams this season. Anyone is capable of beating anyone else on their day.

A string of bad/mediocre results and we could find ourselves in 11th/12th place. Alternatively a couple of those teams below us could string some results together and unless we match it we drop down the table. The top 10 is probably too close to call at the moment.

Surely everyone on here would take what we have right now at the start of the season. For me, then, it was getting to safety as soon as possible. As I mentioned at the start, we will have a much better idea of where we are after the 4 tough games in December. I suppose all we can do at the moment is enjoy the ride. Long may it continue.
Not having a dig, but can I ask, do you go to the games? I only say this, as if you do then surely you can see we are way better than a side who might suddenly just slide away? If I was mystic meg (and not allowing for who we lose loan wise come Jan or who we may gain) then I would say, Mk Dons, Lincoln and Bury will fill the top 3, but we will definitly make the play offs. Look at who we've beaten, Bury and Tranmere away, and a host of others. You don't end up 3rd after this number of games by accident. It takes hard work. Personally, I see good times coming, all our defenders are back, Crofts and Labs are on their way and Harris who is a top class striker for this level, can't even get a game. I think get what we can in Dec, and come Jan we will continue a proper stab at promotion. If you go, trust you eyes, trust the table and believe, there's no way we will fall away, blips yes, but we're in with a great chance of promotion.
UTC