Midfield

Someone suggested that Podge should play in midfield as he is tenacious and committed. If we are still struggling with injuries on Saturday which is very likely then he would do a good job there . (Tynan did as a striker dropping into midfield).We could then have Harris and Semenyo up front (if Matt is unavailable). We shouldn't (MF ) beat ourselves up about this.Alternatively Pipe could play there if not needed at the back. I think this Carlisle game is a bit of a turning point for us.

Re: Midfield

Amberexile wrote:
DPT wrote:Says a lot about Cooper.

Also MF usually plays Wilmott in central midfield when we are short of numbers .
I wonder if Cooper will get another chance in the Checkatrade match?
I doubt he'll start another match. Checkatrade and/or Met Police on the bench and twenty minutes on the pitch if we are in a comfortable position. After Bury that's the most I would hope to see of him.

Since back in League 2 our midfield has been the weakest area of the team. Never really had enough quality or consistent performers in this position. Difficult to get the right mix of player ideally two offensive and defensive minded players but WE generally have more of the former and thus our defence gets over exposed.
Byrne was an outstanding midfield player for us, Labadie has the potential but has only just re-joined.
The likes of Dolan, Bakinson, Bennett, Sheehan, Willmott and Cooper are not all good enough either because they are not natural midfielders, lack the experience or their consistency is missing.
The first 3 listed are our best at the moment but the strength in depth is so poor and with injuries we are going to be struggling.
Pipe could play a midfield role so could Tyler Forbes and Butler but have no cover for the latter. Certainly should not have Podge in this position even though we know he will put in a shift.
WORRIED also about or centre back situation if Franks is out and O'Brien and Bennett are injured !
Great relief when Fraser is back next match.

excessbee wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
DPT wrote:Says a lot about Cooper.

Also MF usually plays Wilmott in central midfield when we are short of numbers .
I wonder if Cooper will get another chance in the Checkatrade match?
I doubt he'll start another match. Checkatrade and/or Met Police on the bench and twenty minutes on the pitch if we are in a comfortable position. After Bury that's the most I would hope to see of him.
Cooper must have a good agent
is he on 6 month loan or a year

penycwm county wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
somerton moss wrote: Pipe could play a midfield role so could Tyler Forbes and Butler but have no cover for the latter.
Pring.
When he came on last time he looked good.....and quick
And very confident.