Re: Team for Saturday

Bush wrote:Day
White. O'Brien. Demetriou
Barnum-Bobb. Butler
Tozer
Labadie. Dolan
Sheehan
Armond

Away from home I would consider bringing in Bennett and pipe to be more defensive but at home we have to have a go.
If I were a betting man I would think you or me might get a game ahead of Jazzi.He has been frozen out so much he's in cold storage so unlikely to play.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Barnum-Bobb. Butler
Tozer
Labadie. Dolan
Sheehan
Armond

Away from home I would consider bringing in Bennett and pipe to be more defensive but at home we have to have a go.
If I were a betting man I would think you or me might get a game ahead of Jazzi.He has been frozen out so much he's in cold storage so unlikely to play.

Totally agree with you regarding JBB......replace him with Pipe and that would be my side

I can almost guarantee MF will play the same side as Wembley if all are fit.........We have more chance of 10ft of snow than him dropping both Wilmott and Nouble ......He said last week he was going to make one or two changes to the side because the team played so poor in the previous two games..Theoretically he did by bringing in Pipe and White but they would have played away to Colchester baring injury anyway so it wasn't a change due to poor display.
MF has decided he favours 4-3-3 with Wilmott and Nouble as his wide men and that's what he will stick too...He obviously has a 'blind spot' regarding those too. He won't even replace them during games if they are having 'stinkers' as he has proved numerous times already this season....
You can almost guarantee he will take Amond off after 65/70 mins after he has run himself into the ground even though Nouble hasn't broke a sweat. He will take Pipe off 5 mins later replace him with Dolan and drop Wilmott to wingback. Then its either Tozer or White , depending on his fitness to bring on Hayes ( if chasing a game or O'Brien if defending ) with ten mins to go.
Not that his selection and substitutions are predictable :grin:

neilcork68 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Barnum-Bobb. Butler
Tozer
Labadie. Dolan
Sheehan
Armond

Totally agree with you regarding JBB......replace him with Pipe and that would be my side

I can almost guarantee MF will play the same side as Wembley if all are fit.........We have more chance of 10ft of snow than him dropping both Wilmott and Nouble ......He said last week he was going to make one or two changes to the side because the team played so poor in the previous two games..Theoretically he did by bringing in Pipe and White but they would have played away to Colchester baring injury anyway so it wasn't a change due to poor display.
MF has decided he favours 4-3-3 with Wilmott and Nouble as his wide men and that's what he will stick too...He obviously has a 'blind spot' regarding those too. He won't even replace them during games if they are having 'stinkers' as he has proved numerous times already this season....
You can almost guarantee he will take Amond off after 65/70 mins after he has run himself into the ground even though Nouble hasn't broke a sweat. He will take Pipe off 5 mins later replace him with Dolan and drop Wilmott to wingback. Then its either Tozer or White , depending on his fitness to bring on Hayes ( if chasing a game or O'Brien if defending ) with ten mins to go.
Not that his selection and substitutions are predictable :grin:
I agree 100%.

Exile 1976 wrote:Before those games most on here were saying we should play our strongest side, which he pretty much did, then when we lost the same people were saying he should have rotated the squad..
We should have rotated, without a doubt. No-one other than the U23s are going to be able to recover fully in 3 days, or they're not playing at full capacity to begin with.

Plenty of chance to get Sheehan, Hayes, McCoulsky and Dolan into the team for longer than they got. Labadie and White's injuries didn't help though.

Exile 1976 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Day

Pipe
White
Demetriou
Bennett
Butler

Sheehan
Labadie
Tozer

Hayes
Amond

Bittner
JBB
O'Brien
Osadebe
Dolan
McClousky
Nouble

Not even a place on the bench for Willmott?
Given him and Nouble a rest, don't think it will weaken the team. FGR are a physical team and Willmott doesn't like a tackle.