Frank

I'm sorry but I simply don't see how he gets picked week in and week out. Poor touch, not enough work rate, no goals, can't win headers. What does he do for Flynny to pick him week in and week out????? I wish we had Rigg playing wide left last night.

Re: Frank

George Street-Bridge wrote:What he does is always occupy at least two defenders.
Great! Not sure why teams try and double up on him - his touch is bad enough that they don't have to - . He normally miscontrols it out of play anyway. At least two defenders" (I would say two max!) - he's not Lionel Messi! He don't have enough in his tool set to take a positionup - we may as well of played a youngster last night....
Last edited by Mr Figo on February 8th, 2018, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frank worked hard against an international back four that many clubs in the Premiership would love to have.

When he was 'out wide' the balls played to him opened the field a little for others to make a move, often others didn't move and he eventually lost the ball.

Labs did the same a few times but was not criticised, many on here (and at the game last night) just want to 'have a pop' at Frank - perhaps they should listen to supporters of other clubs, who Franks has played against, and listen to what they say?

Willthiswork wrote:Frank worked hard against an international back four that many clubs in the Premiership would love to have.

When he was 'out wide' the balls played to him opened the field a little for others to make a move, often others didn't move and he eventually lost the ball.

Labs did the same a few times but was not criticised, many on here (and at the game last night) just want to 'have a pop' at Frank - perhaps they should listen to supporters of other clubs, who Franks has played against, and listen to what they say?
Frank worked hard? Really? Everytime I see him it takes him at least 5 seconds to react to a counter attack and he is effectively out of the game and when he does get back the phase of play has moved on. I just don't get "he works hard" In most of the games this season I just haven't seen this work rate - I can see why he has had a lot of clubs. I wonder what the supporters of these club have to say

Not slagging him off mate. I am just saying I do not how he gets to play week in and week out. It's funny how this forum used to have debates about players and now when anyone post something on here regarding a football related matter it is classed as "slagging a player off". My opinion - I think Flynny should look for a better option next season and I don't think he warrants a place in the side. There you go - slightly controversial I know but lets not turn this board into a board where people cannot hold opinions about players. If the team was perfect then we would be top of the league.

Mr Figo wrote:Not slagging him off mate. I am just saying I do not how he gets to play week in and week out. It's funny how this forum used to have debates about players and now when anyone post something on here regarding a football related matter it is classed as "slagging a player off". My opinion - I think Flynny should look for a better option next season and I don't think he warrants a place in the side. There you go - slightly controversial I know but lets not turn this board into a board where people cannot hold opinions about players. If the team was perfect then we would be top of the league.
Well said that man but what Flynny needs to do is forget about him out wide.
Get in the middle and operate for the rest of the season 2 central attackers.
Totally wasted out wide from day I joining us.

Harps62 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Not slagging him off mate. I am just saying I do not how he gets to play week in and week out. It's funny how this forum used to have debates about players and now when anyone post something on here regarding a football related matter it is classed as "slagging a player off". My opinion - I think Flynny should look for a better option next season and I don't think he warrants a place in the side. There you go - slightly controversial I know but lets not turn this board into a board where people cannot hold opinions about players. If the team was perfect then we would be top of the league.
But he doesn't do enough in a pair Harps - and doesn't score enough goals. I think the 3 up top would work - I would play Collins Wilmott and Amond.

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:Didnt say you werent entitled to your opinion, just that I dont understand it after our fa cup journey. My opinion is you are slagging him.
I agree. The time to criticise players is when they perform poorly in a league 2 game, not when they are outclassed by a top Premier side at Wembley.

Mr Figo wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
But he doesn't do enough in a pair Harps - and doesn't score enough goals. I think the 3 up top would work - I would play Collins Wilmott and Amond.
Never had that chance.
All season he has played out wide apart from Chesterfield and looked what happened then.
No idea why Collins would come into the equation either.

Harps62 wrote: All season he has played out wide apart from Chesterfield and looked what happened then.
Exactly - not sure if it's because he is only on a one-year contract so we're looking at the future but, personally, I would use some of the FA Cup money to offer Frank a new contract and then play him centrally.

Willthiswork wrote:
Harps62 wrote: All season he has played out wide apart from Chesterfield and looked what happened then.
Exactly - not sure if it's because he is only on a one-year contract so we're looking at the future but, personally, I would use some of the FA Cup money to offer Frank a new contract and then play him centrally.
If it wasn't for the fact that you are involved with the Club, I would seriously think you were joking!

Willthiswork wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
If it wasn't for the fact that you are involved with the Club, I would seriously think you were joking!

I don't know what you think you know but just to let you know...you don't. :roll:
All I know is that when you are selling hospitality tickets you surround yourself in secrecy!

Willthiswork wrote:

I don't know what you think you know but just to let you know...you don't. :roll:
All I know is that when you are selling hospitality tickets you surround yourself in secrecy!
As I mentioned in the PMs there was some confusion and I apologised. We have done this to death in PMs - let's not do it again?