Re: MOM Wembley

Day man of the match. Would have been 5 without him.

Thought Mickey D cemented his position as potentially the best CB in league two.

Most of the rest just looked outclassed which is no shame due to the level they were up against. There's no player in league two with the ability of lamela.

Hope the argus are wrong and that Brighton didn't asked us to play White to watch him up against that level of player. Thought it was a real shame we had to make a defensive sub at the end of the game due to having to replace a player who obviously wasn't fit. Was really hoping to see sheehan come on last ten.

Bush wrote:Day man of the match. Would have been 5 without him.

Thought Mickey D cemented his position as potentially the best CB in league two.

Most of the rest just looked outclassed which is no shame due to the level they were up against. There's no player in league two with the ability of lamela.

Hope the argus are wrong and that Brighton didn't asked us to play White to watch him up against that level of player. Thought it was a real shame we had to make a defensive sub at the end of the game due to having to replace a player who obviously wasn't fit. Was really hoping to see sheehan come on last ten.
Sorry not taking a TV view Bush but appreciate the comments.

Yes and No , my view is that Flynn rightly rewarded the players responsible for the Cup run. Shawn McLousky , Dolan and O'Brien earned their appearance at Wembley.

In my opinion it wouldn't have been right to reward the new boys in a game we couldn't really win.

Spiderman wrote:

Yes and No , my view is that Flynn rightly rewarded the players responsible for the Cup run. Shawn McLousky , Dolan and O'Brien earned their appearance at Wembley.

In my opinion it wouldn't have been right to reward the new boys in a game we couldn't really win.
I don't think you're right. If you were it would be disgraceful. For me the integrity of every football match, league and club is that every time you engage you are doing the very best you can. In fact I found Michael Flynn's pre match hype in the league game against Notts County amusing for that reason. They were not trying to relegate us they were trying to win a game of football.

Sentiment can't come into it.

It's a perfectly valid argument and if it hadn't have been so one sided I'd agree with you. Spurs didn't raise a gallop and to send Sheehan on instead of Dolan would have been wrong in my opinion as he wouldn't have made a difference either.

Saturday onwards , it's a different story, but my view is that Flynn showed good management and loyality to a squad that have given him everything thus far.