Re: MOM Wembley

Ado wrote:How an earth did the Argus give Nouble their "Star Man" ???? Worst player in our side by a country mile. His lack of effort made me cross in the end.

Thank **** for that I thought I was going mad listening to some of the fans around me.
Nouble and Wilmott may as well have stayed home in Newport as both were extremely poor....and as you say their lack of effort was embarrassing.
Those two are going to be MF's problem as he seems to have a blind spot for them and plays them irrelevant of who the opposition is. His sticking to a 4-3-3 formation with those two in it is killing our performances.
I expected us to get beat 4 or 5 nil this evening and was happy we only conceded the two but to play with that formation was pathetic. We were outnumbered in midfield, the full backs were marking two players at times whilst they just strolled around enjoying the occasion.
So much for MF saying that some players have made his selection easy tonight with their sub standard performances in previous games. Those two have been poor foe the last four games at least but always seem to be the first names on his team sheet. for that reason we can kiss any chance of the play offs goodbye unless he sees the errors of his ways and stops playing his 'favourites.
My son came to his first County game tonight and hasn't stopped nagging me about coming Saturday and he said to me on the way home...Newport's number 7 is a lazy sod and offers very little doesn't he. is he first choice ?

Labadie first half but he tired very quickly in the second so I think I will vote for Bennett

Day......6
Pipe.....6
Butler....7
White.....6
Demetriou......6
Wilmott.....3
Labadie.........7
Bennett..........7
Tozer..........6
Amond.........7 ( for his workrate , as the service the poor sod gets is terrible)
Nouble.........2

Dolan.......5
McCoulsky......4
O'brien.......4

MF..........5.....wrong system picked and bad selection (FFS take off your blinkers towards certain players)

Those are the marks I would give the team tonight

neilcork68 wrote:Labadie first half but he tired very quickly in the second so I think I will vote for Bennett

Day......6
Pipe.....6
Butler....7
White.....6
Demetriou......6
Wilmott.....3
Labadie.........7
Bennett..........7
Tozer..........6
Amond.........7 ( for his workrate , as the service the poor sod gets is terrible)
Nouble.........2

Dolan.......5
McCoulsky......4
O'brien.......4

MF..........5.....wrong system picked and bad selection (FFS take off your blinkers towards certain players)

Those are the marks I would give the team tonight
I would go with the above markings almost 100% - but I would have given Joe a 7 not 6. And as CB comments - Bennett just shading Butler as Mom.
Last edited by Fourthousand on February 8th, 2018, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

wattsville_boy wrote:I'm not sure whether the system played was necessarily wrong - just that as we had no-one up front capable of holding on to the ball Spurs were able to mount wave upon wave of attack.

Agree that both Frank and Willmott were poor tonight. My MOM Day

Nouble and Wilmott were not coming back to mark the Tottenham fullbacks so Pipe and Butler were double marking for most of the game. Most of Tottenhams pressure was from Rose. Surely MF should have said to Wilmott,try to stop him, as best as you can. What did Wilmott do most of the game ? Stand and point at others to do his job....
Wilmott and Nouble offered very little , if anything going forward so why were they allowed to play 90 minutes if they werent doing their defensive duties ?
As for having no one upfront to hold the ball up. Why doesn't MF try Hayes. McCoulsky can score goals but his all round performance is poor but he is always Flynn's go to player on the hour
If he doesnt rate them or think they cant do a job thenwhy put them on the bench ?
MF's substitutions are getting predictable as you can almost guess , baring injuries who he is going to change and when. He ahd Dolan warming up all through half time then waited twenty mins before bringing him on even though Wilmott and Nouble were having stinkers. Then he takes off Tozer and keeps them on ?????WTF White coming off you can understand as he was very doubtful before kick off but some of his changes are baffling

Last night I'm afraid Frank showed why he's had so many clubs. He cut a frustrated figure. Robbie just had no belief he could get past Rose and looked almost frightened.
That said, spurs were excellent and we should be proud of the effort put in by our players. Day has to be marked an 8. Definitely our best player to me.

Look, let's face it Spurs were excellent and showed their class. Apart from the first 20mins and last 5 we were chasing shadows, as I expected we would, no shame in that.
Agreed that I thought Willmott & Noooubs were poor but again, they were up against Premier League class players.

Anyway, Day made some great saves, Labs kept going, Amond worked his absolute bollocks off & could/should have had a goal to show for it but , I'm going for Bennett, thought he had a really good game last night.

One thing though, I'm surprised we didn't use our long throw option much.

All in all it's been a great run and we were beaten by a far superior side and made a lot of money and hopefully a few new regular fans ! Come on the Port !