Re: What a great night

Whilst I agree that the performance felt a bit flat , we were the better for the first 20 mins against a very good Prem team.

The team has made us all very proud, and it appears many fans of other clubs have become fond of us and our team .

They will receive a much deserved standing ovation on Saturday , nothing but good has come out of this fantastic cup run :-)

Whilst we didn't get near Spurs in terms of quality , I can't believe any of our fans can have been disappointed last night. Despite it being a 'weakened' Spurs team look at the quality they had on show. Lamela's yearly wage alone will be more than Newport County's annual turnover.
We did very well to even get a shot at them at Wembley but they were excellent fair play.

All sides have their share of muppet fans. Some of ours were embarrassing yesterday (especially those who were furious with our players for not comprehensively out-playing a side three divisions higher) - but there were Spurs fans who hardly covered themselves in glory either. Gloating and acting like Billy Big Bollocks when you've won 2-0 at home to a fourth division side in a replay isn't a good look - especially when half of the home 'fans' left on 75 minutes to beat the tube queues! In contrast, we made a good noise, applauded the players off the pitch and the team gave a good account of themselves over the two legs.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:All sides have their share of muppet fans. Some of ours were embarrassing yesterday (especially those who were furious with our players for not comprehensively out-playing a side three divisions higher) - but there were Spurs fans who hardly covered themselves in glory either. Gloating and acting like Billy Big Bollocks when you've won 2-0 at home to a fourth division side in a replay isn't a good look - especially when half of the home 'fans' left on 75 minutes to beat the tube queues! In contrast, we made a good noise, applauded the players off the pitch and the team gave a good account of themselves over the two legs.
Unfortunately we always get LOADS of day-trippers for these games due to the low cost & easy availability of tickets. Most of the hard core fans are at the opposite end to the away support. I know there is another thread on the topic but most of us behind the goal up there always stand. Everyone knows the score & it is'nt an issue until the one game a season merchants turn up & start telling us what to do/how we should watch the match. I generally tend to ignore them. However, i think there is some responsibility on the club to warn them that sitting isn't as strictly enforced in certain blocks (although legally i suppose they cant).

Harps62 wrote:This idiot was in 113
Not interested in the game.
total moron.
On his own as well.
Coppers and Stewards just stared back at him
I think what we have to appreciate and its nothing against the lads but we were totally outclassed.
You couldn't fault the boys for effort but that most times doesn't win you games
100% proud of them all.
Some played better than others but in fairness those that were a disappointment last night will hopefully bounce back.
Wonderful feeling seeing them out there and we didn't do a Notts County.
Well done Flynny and all those on the field last night.
Was it the middle aged overweight balding man about half way down ?
He was a complete joke who should had known better as were the parents of the group of kids at the back of the same block laughing and encouraging their kids with the bad language and anti-spurs songs
Mine and my boys game ruined by a large group of men and women behind with language so bad, no need

daftasfxxx wrote:
total moron.
On his own as well.
I think what we have to appreciate and its nothing against the lads but we were totally outclassed.
You couldn't fault the boys for effort but that most times doesn't win you games
100% proud of them all.
Some played better than others but in fairness those that were a disappointment last night will hopefully bounce back.
He was a complete joke who should had known better as were the parents of the group of kids at the back of the same block laughing and encouraging their kids with the bad language and anti-spurs songs
Mine and my boys game ruined by a large group of men and women behind with language so bad, no need
Daftas we don't agree on much but you are spot on.
We must of been near to you as those 2 idiots in the back row Mum & Dad with their kids were unbelievable about 5 rows behind us.
You must of seen me.
The good looking old fella with a very attractive wife and daughter half way between the 2 idiots in the back and the middle aged Moron with the shaved head.
My goodness we have some idiots in toe.

Harps62 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
total moron.
On his own as well.
100% proud of them all.
We must of been near to you as those 2 idiots in the back row Mum & Dad with their kids were unbelievable about 5 rows behind us.
You must of seen me.
The good looking old fella
with a very attractive wife and daughter half way between the 2 idiots in the back and the middle aged Moron with the shaved head.
:lol: :lol:

One thing not mentioned.
Am sure others were the same.
It was great to bump into loads of old friends mates etc some I hadn't seen for ages.
Suppose with Bisley and Hazel you don't see each other.
Fair few also not regulars.
Even walking out of the stadium still bumping into people.
All added to a great evening out for sure.

Harps62 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
total moron.
On his own as well.
100% proud of them all.
You must of seen me.
The good looking old fella with a very attractive wife and daughter half way between the 2 idiots in the back and the middle aged Moron with the shaved head.
I did see you mate, like a cross between George Clooney and Brad Pitt

Mike Kear wrote:One thing not mentioned.
Am sure others were the same.
It was great to bump into loads of old friends mates etc some I hadn't seen for ages.
Suppose with Bisley and Hazel you don't see each other.
Fair few also not regulars.
Even walking out of the stadium still bumping into people.
All added to a great evening out for sure.
And that's exactly the people that we need to get back over on a regular basis !!
I work with a 24 year old Newport lad , who loves his football , but had never been to a County game , even though he follows our results .
He's now been over to about 6 games this season , and has also brought his father in law to a few games , and his Dad came with us yesterday !! The number of County fans his Dad knew was unreal ..... as he used to go to most home games over Somerton Park .

I was a little disappointed with the performance because I came away thinking we didn't really get to ask Spurs any questions. That said Spurs were very slick and could easily have posted a cricket score with the chances they wasted. The first goal seemed to knock the stuffing out the team and County were hanging on for the half-time whistle.

But the County spine seems to function which could mean sneaking into the play-offs and I thought the noise our fans created was terrific. I think the team deserved the applause at the end because most of them didn't give in and it was good to see the whole of the entourage going to applaud the fans that travelled. Hopefully some of "additional" fans will feel disappointed with the result, enjoyed the experience and will not be averse to investigating whether a trip to RP would be another good experience.