Re: Flynny has a problem

Bush wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:No body is kidding us.
Total joke.
Don't want to pick somebody say they are injured.
Really.
Just as bad as the Hayes nonsense.
There's plenty of clubs and managers that have played the 'injury card' to cover up something behind the scenes until something is sorted. It's not a problem, it happens everywhere. The manager or club don't have to tell us every little detail that's going on at the club.
Keeping quiet about the situation is fine with me. But as soon as it was out in the public the manager should not have had a dig in the press and lied about the situation. As a club we should then explained what was going on. I actually back their decision. I don't believe Rigg was worthy of another contract so in that regards they made the right decision just how they handled it when it became public is the issue.
What was the dig?

I am told, although I suppose it might be a lie, that the average person lies about 16 times a day.

Then again what is a lie? As Chris Patton said about Boris Johnson he believes that everything he says is true just because he says it. However Michael Flynn is employed by the club to manage the football team. In my view he would be far better advised not to get involved in who said what to whom. After the Paul Hayes affair, he's injured, there's a problem with international clearance, he really should learn. At the moment Michael Flynn's stock is high. If he said black was white it wouldn't matter. However when at some future time he is under pressure those with an agenda will pounce on his tendency to not be strictly accurate with the facts.
Looking at the facts it seems to me that the most likely explanation is that for whatever reason Rigg and Flynn fell out. It happens in many work places and when it happens the manager either removes the worker or the manager's position is untenable.
If I were asked to advise Flynn I'd tell him to say the following.
I am manager of Newport County. Sean Rigg is no longer a player at the club. I wish him all the best for the future and thank him for the work he did for the club.
And other than that, say nothing.

But what would I know? :grin:

Harps62 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Hope you are correct.
Any more injuries and we have a problem.
Ben is out for 3 weeks minimum and back up is average at best.

According to Mike Flynn, Ben White is likely to be available for Wednesday.

Where did the 3 weeks come from?
Look keep having a pop.
Direct from one of the 3 people running the team.
Okay now give it a rest.
Playing to-night.

Give over.
You haven't a clue.
Reported that he was injured before any news came out.
From the top who thought he could be out for up to 3 weeks.
They are delighted with his progress by the way.
Keep chipping away.
Lots of things I could say but they will never appear on here Cornish so stop digging yourself a hole.

To be fair to Harps he was the only one who mentioned White being out on Friday, and he didn't play Saturday, so either the club was trying some mind games at the cost of 3 points on the weekend, which seems unlikely, or his injury was less serious than first thought.

I was glad to hear a bit of injury news on here before the Argus got it, tbh, though people breaking unpopular news on forums are always going to get some level of stick as the messenger.

SJG99 wrote:To be fair to Harps he was the only one who mentioned White being out on Friday, and he didn't play Saturday, so either the club was trying some mind games at the cost of 3 points on the weekend, which seems unlikely, or his injury was less serious than first thought.

I was glad to hear a bit of injury news on here before the Argus got it, tbh, though people breaking unpopular news on forums are always going to get some level of stick as the messenger.
To be honest I know a lot of goings on but would never divulge.
In all sincerity the management thought he would be out for a good few weeks.
Remember the Hartlepool player joining us.
I just assumed it was Rodney.
Told a fee involved then along comes Padraig.
Just a few on here have issues with me they all know who they are and will always have a pop.
Water off a ducks bath mate.
Cheers
Harps

Harps62 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:To be fair to Harps he was the only one who mentioned White being out on Friday, and he didn't play Saturday, so either the club was trying some mind games at the cost of 3 points on the weekend, which seems unlikely, or his injury was less serious than first thought.

To be honest I know a lot of goings on but would never divulge.
In all sincerity the management thought he would be out for a good few weeks.
Remember the Hartlepool player joining us.
I just assumed it was Rodney.
Told a fee involved then along comes Padraig.
Just a few on here have issues with me they all know who they are and will always have a pop.
Water off a ducks bath mate.
Cheers
Harps
You certainly are the fountain of all County knowledge. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote: people breaking unpopular news on forums are always going to get some level of stick as the messenger.
You think? :grin:
Well I've only seen Harps do it so far, and he got off pretty lightly compared to some places I've seen.

Personally I took him at face value and the Saturday absence suggested he had a good source.

Back to topic.MF has a problem with no cover for Pipe.I was surprised that Reid didn't play at Lincoln then his performance at Colchester proved that MF had no faith in him.How is he so unfit at this stage of a season and coming from a Prem club.White is a class CB but is no fullback.Robbie was thrown in the deep end last night when Pipey went off and was lost at RB.What has Jazzi done wrong to be frozen out? He is not the perfect defender but he isn't slow and unfit like Reid.