Re: News regarding ex County players

Exile 1976 wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 6:23 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 5:01 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 6:11 am
neilcork68 wrote: Tom Naylor signs for Chesterfield on 3 year contract
Shame we couldn’t have had him back.
Oh yeah. I'll never forget his attempt at a hat-trick of sorts. Two own goals and then gave away a penalty....

He had two poor games and the rest he was excellent. Very good player that went on to play a few years at a higher level that we have achieved
He had more than two poor games in my view. But I was never a fan and you obviously were. Differing opinions...

Collars wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 12:11 pm Tom King signed for Wolves
I had to check the date when I first saw this break

A good keeper at lower level but Premier League ?????
Must have a bloody good agent

Anyway good luck to him A bloody good wage for being a number three keeper who probably wont play a game this season after pre season

I bet MF will be gutted because I heard Swindon were heavily linked with him

neilcork68 wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 12:20 pm
Collars wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 12:11 pm Tom King signed for Wolves
I had to check the date when I first saw this break

A good keeper at lower level but Premier League ?????
Must have a bloody good agent

Anyway good luck to him A bloody good wage for being a number three keeper who probably wont play a game this season after pre season

I bet MF will be gutted because I heard Swindon were heavily linked with him
Be decent cover and probably cheap wages Good luck to the lad

neilcork68 wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 1:58 pm you watch now he has moved to a Premier League side his Wales call ups will increase.

A few players have left us in the past and within a few months their International chances increase.

Talking of that I bet it wont be long before Mullin of Wrexham is called into the Wales squad now they are flavour of the month
Mullin has been a constant question for Page over the last 12 months. His latest comment is that he has to first prove himself in League 2 before being considered.

Amberexile wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 2:02 pm
neilcork68 wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 1:58 pm you watch now he has moved to a Premier League side his Wales call ups will increase.

A few players have left us in the past and within a few months their International chances increase.

Talking of that I bet it wont be long before Mullin of Wrexham is called into the Wales squad now they are flavour of the month
Mullin has been a constant question for Page over the last 12 months. His latest comment is that he has to first prove himself in League 2 before being considered.

During the 2020/21 season when he was playing for Cambridge and scored 37 goals in 46 appearances when they got promoted he wasn't even thought of .
He plays for Wrexham in the National League for two seasons and scores goals at non league level and he is under consideration ???

neilcork68 wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 2:38 pm

During the 2020/21 season when he was playing for Cambridge and scored 37 goals in 46 appearances when they got promoted he wasn't even thought of .
He plays for Wrexham in the National League for two seasons and scores goals at non league level and he is under consideration ???
I don't think he is under consideration but when Page is asked at every press conference, he has to say something.

Amberexile wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 2:43 pm
neilcork68 wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 2:38 pm

I don't think he is under consideration but when Page is asked at every press conference, he has to say something.
He could answer "over my dead f***ing body", but he didn't. Good luck to Tom. I didn't mind him as the County goalie...