Re: Flynn to return?!

Exile 1976 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:51 pm Wouldn’t be against Flynny coming back in. I think sometimes managers fit a club and I really think that’s the case with him & us.
Did you mean to say: “Sometimes managers bring success but cost a lot of money in doing so, through failed poorly thought through signings and loans, and these same managers had a blind spot about selecting certain players in preferred positions or not selecting academy players. And these same managers could only motivate players for high-profile matches but struggled to get a consistent tune out of the same players for routine league games. And these same managers who were protected from criticism and given handsome pay rises by poor judgment by the Board, then went on to other clubs and quickly failed to succeed elsewhere”? 🤷‍♂️

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: April 16th, 2024, 1:28 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:51 pm Wouldn’t be against Flynny coming back in. I think sometimes managers fit a club and I really think that’s the case with him & us.
Did you mean to say: “Sometimes managers bring success but cost a lot of money in doing so, through failed poorly thought through signings and loans, and these same managers had a blind spot about selecting certain players in preferred positions or not selecting academy players. And these same managers could only motivate players for high-profile matches but struggled to get a consistent tune out of the same players for routine league games. And these same managers who were protected from criticism and given handsome pay rises by poor judgment by the Board, then went on to other clubs and quickly failed to succeed elsewhere”? 🤷‍♂️

No. I would have said that otherwise

CathedralCounty wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:01 pm Oh gawd what have I started?!

My feeling, although not my wish as such, is that GC will go at the end of this season but likely it won't be Flynn replacing him. I know we've tried it before now but I feel a young up and coming manager or a not so young but nor big name (like the guy who was at MK now Bristol City - not him but of his type for example) - we need to build here.
Careful what we wish for here! I like GC who imho has done a decent job with an appalling crop of injuries and a low budget. I’d like to see him here next season but there’s always a chance some other club will appreciate him and which suits him better… if I had a struggling club and a small budget I’d recruit him without a blink of the eye. We tried the young guy with the coaching manual, this is L2 and we’re not Man City.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: April 16th, 2024, 1:28 pm
Yes,that is exactly what he meant.You forgot to say that these certain managers say they love the club but are constantly manoeuvring themselves into the shop window should a bigger club be on the lookout for a new manager and then instigate a pay rise from said board when they don’t get it.

You were a bit starstruck with Flynny even when he insisted on playing Sheehan as a DM player and,even though there was a mistake in him in a dangerous area every game but he got away with it until,Wembley.Even though he was our best AM at the club and even though he played Benno,our best DM player,as a number 10.

Percy plunkett wrote: April 16th, 2024, 11:29 pm
You were a bit starstruck with Flynny even when he insisted on playing Sheehan as a DM player and,even though there was a mistake in him in a dangerous area every game but he got away with it until,Wembley.Even though he was our best AM at the club and even though he played Benno,our best DM player,as a number 10.

Star struck ? Stop being silly (although I suppose it’s a bit better than being star struck on a young midfielder who “will definitely playing in the football league next season, but sadly not with us” two years ago, that is currently still in and out of a Merthyr Town team 🤔) yes with a good budget, got us to the brink of being a League One team, not once, but twice, after saving us from relegation to non league. For me, personally I think he’s a bit of a chancer and a *******, but there’s no denying he did a good job here and I think he could possibly do it again. That’s all. Let’s not forget, despite being a forward and our top scorer, our current manager has played Evans at LWB numerous times.

No idea if the rumour is true, but I'm certain whoever is manager at the beginning of the season will within a few weeks be subject of some who will want him sacked, and critical of his signings, tactics, style of play, selections, formation, use and timing of subs, and pre and post interviews. Of course there'll be those with opposite views. Such is the nature of football fans.

Exile 1976 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 6:23 am

Star struck ? Stop being silly (although I suppose it’s a bit better than being star struck on a young midfielder who “will definitely playing in the football league next season, but sadly not with us” two years ago, that is currently still in and out of a Merthyr Town team 🤔) yes with a good budget, got us to the brink of being a League One team, not once, but twice, after saving us from relegation to non league. For me, personally I think he’s a bit of a chancer and a *******, but there’s no denying he did a good job here and I think he could possibly do it again. That’s all. Let’s not forget, despite being a forward and our top scorer, our current manager has played Evans at LWB numerous times.
Do you think that if Flynny had saw it to play Sheehan further forward and Benno as DM then there would have been no need for Wembley as an automatic spot could have been reached but,he couldn’t see it.
Livermore was our star youth player but an off field issue meant he got kicked out.Flynny also had a issue when he was a youth player.Glyn Jones either suspended or kicked him out but, he was promoted to the first team by Tim Harris rather than being punished.Now,the issue may have been a lesser one but,if only Livermore had a second chance.
Any clues on that 7 letter word.

Percy plunkett wrote: April 17th, 2024, 10:19 am
Exile 1976 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 6:23 am

Do you think that if Flynny had saw it to play Sheehan further forward and Benno as DM then there would have been no need for Wembley as an automatic spot could have been reached but,he couldn’t see it.
Livermore was our star youth player but an off field issue meant he got kicked out.Flynny also had a issue when he was a youth player.Glyn Jones either suspended or kicked him out but, he was promoted to the first team by Tim Harris rather than being punished.Now,the issue may have been a lesser one but,if only Livermore had a second chance.
Any clues on that 7 letter word.
My guess is "titcunt"

I first met Flynny when he was 17,he was a chirpy kid with the gift of gab which has served him well.Butcher didn’t want him on the coaching staff so he manages to persuade the board to give him a commercial roll,one which has never existed before or since and,with no commercial background.He later gets to be a partner in a Estate Agency,with no experience in that field.He gets a 2 year deal at Swindon and within a couple of months gets a 2 year extension then gets paid off.It might look unlikely that Flynny could come back as manager here but,Flynny could pull it off.

lowandhard wrote: April 16th, 2024, 7:50 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:01 pm Oh gawd what have I started?!

My feeling, although not my wish as such, is that GC will go at the end of this season but likely it won't be Flynn replacing him. I know we've tried it before now but I feel a young up and coming manager or a not so young but nor big name (like the guy who was at MK now Bristol City - not him but of his type for example) - we need to build here.
Careful what we wish for here! I like GC who imho has done a decent job with an appalling crop of injuries and a low budget. I’d like to see him here next season but there’s always a chance some other club will appreciate him and which suits him better… if I had a struggling club and a small budget I’d recruit him without a blink of the eye. We tried the young guy with the coaching manual, this is L2 and we’re not Man City.
Agreed and note I said I didn't want GC to go just that it is likely he will.