Re: Season 22/23 accounts

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 9:02 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 14th, 2024, 8:55 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 12:46 pm We have posters saying that being on the club board is simply living it up. So why is it that at present only one person has actually put themselves forward for the trust board? We know we need at least 6 and currently only have 4, who have all stated that they wish to resign....
Where have each of the 4 directors said they will resign?

How do people put themselves forward formally to join the board?
In the last trust meeting, I didn't go, but that's what I was told happened. What Chris is quoting is the trust policy which states that they can resign, but sit again if voted back in.
My mate told me is notwhat I would consider a reliable source. I'll believe it if it ever happens but for the time being, I'll consider it total bollocks.

And you forgot to answer how people put themselves forward formally to join the board.

Amberexile wrote: April 14th, 2024, 10:10 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 12:46 pm We have posters saying that being on the club board is simply living it up. So why is it that at present only one person has actually put themselves forward for the trust board? We know we need at least 6 and currently only have 4, who have all stated that they wish to resign....

In the last trust meeting, I didn't go, but that's what I was told happened. What Chris is quoting is the trust policy which states that they can resign, but sit again if voted back in.
My mate told me is notwhat I would consider a reliable source. I'll believe it if it ever happens but for the time being, I'll consider it total bollocks.

And you forgot to answer how people put themselves forward formally to join the board.
How would I know, I wasn't at the meeting, but isn't the meeting this month to decide a plan of action for that, which is why those already sitting haven't resigned yet.

Perhaps, I can answer that. The Board have proposed a resolution for the SGM for the election of Trust Board elections. In the existing Model Rules and the proposed new ones, a Trust 'Election Policy' is to be used for election of Trust Board Directors. Months ago, I asked to be given a copy of this policy. My request was not even acknowledged. However, I am aware that I'm the past some form of process has taken place. I would expect the forthcoming elections to be held using, as far as the Board is willing to, the model policy provided by the FSA.

The situation for the AFC Trust Board directors is virgin territory. There is no model provided by the FSA and no recent or any precedent for the Trust, as far as I am aware. In the proposed resolution on director elections for the SGM, it is proposed that the elected Trust Board would then appoint the AFC Trust nominated Directors, without any further reference to the Trust membership. We have no idea how they will go about the process of making the appointments e.g. ranging from some form of independently managed recruitment process or 'jobs for the boys'. Nor do we know whom they will choose from e.g. Trust directors (current or former), Trust members, or someone not connected with the Trust at all.

Chris Davis wrote: April 14th, 2024, 10:54 pm

Perhaps, I can answer that. The Board have proposed a resolution for the SGM for the election of Trust Board elections. In the existing Model Rules and the proposed new ones, a Trust 'Election Policy' is to be used for election of Trust Board Directors. Months ago, I asked to be given a copy of this policy. My request was not even acknowledged. However, I am aware that I'm the past some form of process has taken place. I would expect the forthcoming elections to be held using, as far as the Board is willing to, the model policy provided by the FSA.

The situation for the AFC Trust Board directors is virgin territory. There is no model provided by the FSA and no recent or any precedent for the Trust, as far as I am aware. In the proposed resolution on director elections for the SGM, it is proposed that the elected Trust Board would then appoint the AFC Trust nominated Directors, without any further reference to the Trust membership. We have no idea how they will go about the process of making the appointments e.g. ranging from some form of independently managed recruitment process or 'jobs for the boys'. Nor do we know whom they will choose from e.g. Trust directors (current or former), Trust members, or someone not connected with the Trust at all.
Thanks for trying Chris. From what you have written and having voted in previous Trust elections myself, it is clear that it will be weeks, possibly months, before the election process is launched and people will be able to put themselves forward for election.

That is why I am curious that Bangit is moaning that "only one person has actually put themselves forward for the trust board".

By the way, I'm guessing that he may think that one person is yourself.

Amberexile wrote: April 14th, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thanks for trying Chris. From what you have written and having voted in previous Trust elections myself, it is clear that it will be weeks, possibly months, before the election process is launched and people will be able to put themselves forward for election.

That is why I am curious that Bangit is moaning that "only one person has actually put themselves forward for the trust board".

Chris has stated on this forum that he will put himself forward........

If Chris wanted it done quicker then the last meeting he wouldn't have put forward his openness policy to take time discussing and got on with proposing to call an SGM sooner....

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 11:22 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 14th, 2024, 11:11 pm

Chris has stated on this forum that he will put himself forward........

If Chris wanted it done quicker then the last meeting he wouldn't have put forward his openness policy to take time discussing and got on with proposing to call an SGM sooner....
So while there is a resolution to hold elections at some time in the future, there is currently no scheduled election, meaning that there is no formal process by which people can put themselves forward for election. Notwithstanding this one person has stated on an informal, soon to die internet forum that they would like to stand when elections do eventually take place and nobody else doing the same is your justification for saying that there is no interest in elections.

Bonkers.

With the exception of Hartlepool and Gillingham, the annual accounts for League 2 clubs from last season are all now in. They make pretty depressing reading.

Leyton Orient £3.9m loss
Stevenage £13k profit
Northampton £1m loss
Stockport £4.5m loss
Carlisle £660k loss
Bradford £374k loss
Salford £4m loss
Mansfield £50k loss
Barrow £1.2m loss
Swindon £76k profit (without funds from Nigel Eady Trust would have been a £1.1m loss)
Grimsby £245k profit (includes £292k profit from player sales)
Tranmere £1.4m loss
Crewe £1.5m loss
Sutton £942 loss
County £913k loss
Walsall £11k profit
Doncaster £1.9m loss
Harrogate £2.5m loss
Colchester £3m loss
Wimbledon £1.1m profit (includes £2.6m profit from player sales)
Crawley £4m loss
Rochdale £1.5m loss

Jonesy3 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 10:41 am With the exception of Hartlepool and Gillingham, the annual accounts for League 2 clubs from last season are all now in. They make pretty depressing reading.

Leyton Orient £3.9m loss
Stevenage £13k profit
Northampton £1m loss
Stockport £4.5m loss
Carlisle £660k loss
Bradford £374k loss
Salford £4m loss
Mansfield £50k loss
Barrow £1.2m loss
Swindon £76k profit (without funds from Nigel Eady Trust would have been a £1.1m loss)
Grimsby £245k profit (includes £292k profit from player sales)
Tranmere £1.4m loss
Crewe £1.5m loss
Sutton £942 loss
County £913k loss
Walsall £11k profit
Doncaster £1.9m loss
Harrogate £2.5m loss
Colchester £3m loss
Wimbledon £1.1m profit (includes £2.6m profit from player sales)
Crawley £4m loss
Rochdale £1.5m loss
So average losses of just under £2 million for those with losses.

A few, mostly small, profits.

I'm sure a few ex Trust Directors members who resigned as they were treated like mushrooms by the Inner Sanctum might now consider putting up for election if they are still trust members.