Re: Team to play Notts County

Although I’d have liked us to continue our run, I wasn’t that disappointed leaving at the end of last night’s game. I think we were given a footballing lesson by a team that play the ball on the ground and have a couple of exceptional players for this level. Their midfield and strikers were the best I’ve seen this season and probably the best since the Blackpool team of five or six years ago took us apart at Rodney Parade. I would look at Notts County’s performance as something for us to build towards in future seasons.

I would be tempted to call it a complete footballing performance by Notts County but for their defence who started giving us chances towards the end of the game - we probably should have scored two - but it wouldn’t have justified the gap in the performance of each team.

UPTHEPORT wrote: February 14th, 2024, 9:04 am Best side I've seen at RP this season on the night they were even better than man u performance wise

Thought we didn't disgrace ourselves and played some nice football as well

Good game to watch and it's not often after a defeat I say I enjoyed the game
Agree with that. It's clear on last night's performance why Notts are the 2nd highest goal scorers in this division, but aren't in the automatic spot due to them conceding too many. Despite our approach play being promising on many occasions our final ball/ cross let us down and we weren't able to create good goal scoring opportunities to better test their defence.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: February 14th, 2024, 11:39 am I think that we have a significant weakness with the left back position, far too many goals and chances are being conceded from that direction.
I agree with that. I'm old school but I think if you are a left back your primary role is to defend well. If you can attack decently in additionl, that's a bonus. But if you can only attack and not defend, it's going to be a problem. And it is.