Bangitintrnet wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 4:41 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 3:51 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 2:37 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:17 am
excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:47 am
Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:27 am
excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:26 am
Ugo. wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:16 am
Fu Ming wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:10 am I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
At 10:05, I was 12227 in the queue with an estimated wait time of over an hour.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.
I went on at 9:30 and there was already a queue system in place. I was 2800 in queue. I got in at 9:53 to find tickets already on sale and no 2 together with just the odd seat dotted about here and there and with wanting to take my son had no chance. The club didn't communicate anything until 9:56 on twitter by which time it was pointless.
In fairness, it was always unrealistic to expect two seats together to be available in the 'general sales' window. Season ticket holders using their +1 option will have taken up a pair together, leaving single seats open for general sales. Hence single seats dotted around the stadium.
Yes, the +1 was the biggest problem causer in all of this. I hope the club learn from that.
Is it too simplistic to suggest that if claiming a +1 option, a season ticket holder must include their regular seat as one of their two tickets.
I'm sure it would help. It would certainly have helped trust members to gain access to their preferred area of the ground but I don't get why anyone needs a +1. I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?
I think you need to factor in kids require an adult in an adjacent seat. Season ticket holders can only buy a kids season ticket, along with an adult in an adjacent seat, but that is not the case with kids trust allocation. There is the main issue, allocating pairs of seats is far more time consuming than just singles. That is not so with online ticket sales.

People had a total of 20 hours to purchase allocated tickets, and all those that had single allocation and really wanted it, did exactly that within the 20 hours.
Taken from Facebook -

"Hi Chris, I was just in front of you on Thursday as you saw. I am a trust member and so are my children. Some of us were not able to queue early morning due to work commitments so had to start early to finish earlier to queue. I queued both days and still came away with nothing. On the Thursday the office shut in front of us and on the Friday, when I did manage to get to the front of the queue, I was told there are only standing tickets left. How could my small children see in a adult standing environment? If I was to lift them or put them on my shoulders I would be punished fir health and safety issues. Unfortunately I couldn't get myself on to leave my children at home as its not fair.
The club sent out the original statement advising there were enough for all ST and trust members. So if they were aware that there were children ST and trust members, why weren't these seats safeguarded until general sale on Monday. I'm going to watch on TV now but disappointed that as paying trust members, the paying children's seats wernt kept until not collected for general sale"

This is the main issue with regards to children sitting with adults. When this member was told there were no seats available on Friday, there will have been seats "belonging" to season ticket holders that the system held as reserved for them even though they had bought their season ticket and their +1 entitlement as a 2 together elsewhere in the ground thus locking out trust members from buying those seats. Effectively giving season ticket holders a +1 in the way we did has prevented these people from being able to attend.
Which is why we to scrap the trust entitlement.
The year is 2042, the chairman of Newport County has just murdered 17 people in cold blood.

Bangitinternet has stated that if these people's bodies weren't so conducive to gunshots, there wouldn't have been any issue. He advised that Newport is a dangerous city and if you don't wear bulletproof vests then the fault is firmly your own.

Re: Online sales only tomorrow

rncfc wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 5:58 pm
Fu Ming wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:10 am I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
At 10:05, I was 12227 in the queue with an estimated wait time of over an hour.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.
I went on at 9:30 and there was already a queue system in place. I was 2800 in queue. I got in at 9:53 to find tickets already on sale and no 2 together with just the odd seat dotted about here and there and with wanting to take my son had no chance. The club didn't communicate anything until 9:56 on twitter by which time it was pointless.
In fairness, it was always unrealistic to expect two seats together to be available in the 'general sales' window. Season ticket holders using their +1 option will have taken up a pair together, leaving single seats open for general sales. Hence single seats dotted around the stadium.
Yes, the +1 was the biggest problem causer in all of this. I hope the club learn from that.
Is it too simplistic to suggest that if claiming a +1 option, a season ticket holder must include their regular seat as one of their two tickets.
I'm sure it would help. It would certainly have helped trust members to gain access to their preferred area of the ground but I don't get why anyone needs a +1. I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?
I think you need to factor in kids require an adult in an adjacent seat. Season ticket holders can only buy a kids season ticket, along with an adult in an adjacent seat, but that is not the case with kids trust allocation. There is the main issue, allocating pairs of seats is far more time consuming than just singles. That is not so with online ticket sales.

People had a total of 20 hours to purchase allocated tickets, and all those that had single allocation and really wanted it, did exactly that within the 20 hours.
Taken from Facebook -

"Hi Chris, I was just in front of you on Thursday as you saw. I am a trust member and so are my children. Some of us were not able to queue early morning due to work commitments so had to start early to finish earlier to queue. I queued both days and still came away with nothing. On the Thursday the office shut in front of us and on the Friday, when I did manage to get to the front of the queue, I was told there are only standing tickets left. How could my small children see in a adult standing environment? If I was to lift them or put them on my shoulders I would be punished fir health and safety issues. Unfortunately I couldn't get myself on to leave my children at home as its not fair.
The club sent out the original statement advising there were enough for all ST and trust members. So if they were aware that there were children ST and trust members, why weren't these seats safeguarded until general sale on Monday. I'm going to watch on TV now but disappointed that as paying trust members, the paying children's seats wernt kept until not collected for general sale"

This is the main issue with regards to children sitting with adults. When this member was told there were no seats available on Friday, there will have been seats "belonging" to season ticket holders that the system held as reserved for them even though they had bought their season ticket and their +1 entitlement as a 2 together elsewhere in the ground thus locking out trust members from buying those seats. Effectively giving season ticket holders a +1 in the way we did has prevented these people from being able to attend.
The year is 2042, the chairman of Newport County has just murdered 17 people in cold blood.

Bangitinternet has stated that if these people's bodies weren't so conducive to gunshots, there wouldn't have been any issue. He advised that Newport is a dangerous city and if you don't wear bulletproof vests then the fault is firmly your own.
If you read what I said, it clearly states 1 ticket entitlement was taken up within 20 hours which is fact.
I also pointed out that the problem is assigning more than one ticket.
I know for a fact that queue was virtually non existent Friday afternoon, but that is no use if you want adjacent tickets for kids, which was my point.

But like Stan, you stay in a fantasy world where you take no responsibility whatsoever.............

excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 6:42 pm Would it work if a season ticket holder booking their ticket somewhere other than their own seat (to sit/stand with their+1) triggered an automatic release of their regular seat back into the marketplace.
Probably, but that is not how the software works now.
It tends to be easier with complex financially linked systems to leave them as they are, and instead change your own criteria........

As others have said the season ticket plus 1 worked flawlessly. Some may have missed out on how to add a season ticket seat to the basket, and then pick from the ground seating plan, to add the plus one to the basket. Instead picking two adjacent seats elsewhere instead. For most that was what they required, and the system allows for that, but the allocated season ticket seat is not released.

I have a mate who stood in a queue of a total of 4 people on Friday afternoon to swop two tickets for his two adjacent season tickets, so perhaps it is to cater for when understandable mistakes are made, that cannot be rectified online.

His mistake would have provided availability of two adjacent seats to be reallocated, but of no use for those queueing for more than 2 adjacent.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 6:37 pm

Taken from Facebook -

If you read what I said, it clearly states 1 ticket entitlement was taken up within 20 hours which is fact.
I know for a fact that queue was virtually non existent Friday afternoon, but that is no use if you want adjacent tickets for kids, which was my point.

But like Stan, you stay in a fantasy world where you take no responsibility whatsoever.............
I bet you'd give Jerry Sherman a blowjob if you ever met him.

rncfc wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 7:56 pm

Taken from Facebook -

Not in the best taste(so to speak) but
:grin:

rncfc wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 7:56 pm

Taken from Facebook -

I sat in front of him on the supporters coach to Everton in the replay. He sounded very similar to you, he didn't take responsibility for anything either..........

Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 8:03 pm
excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 6:42 pm Would it work if a season ticket holder booking their ticket somewhere other than their own seat (to sit/stand with their+1) triggered an automatic release of their regular seat back into the marketplace.
Yes amd it would be simple to implement.
But is it solving a problem? As far as I can tell, it was people requiring 2 adjacent seats or more, that had problems with availability at the point of purchase.

To me if you look at the complexity of being able to offer multi seated options, that could only be helped by only selling multiples in the temporary North stand. That option wasn't available online.

The trust no longer runs the club, and therefore to me at least, it should be considered wether trust allocation is actually the way forward.

Somerton Park was 80% Terrace, and thus having 4 tickets adjacent to each other was no problem, particularly as you could swap stands without hindrance.

Things change, and people need the option of sitting adjacent to kids/elderly/mates etc etc.

At present trust ticket allocation is a draw to membership, but is it actually better than what happened at Somerton Park, I.E. allocation based upon purchasing a ticket leading up to the cup game. At least attendance is boosted for at least 2 games with the resulting boost to atmosphere, excitement, etc, all the things that can add long term support.

Same is true of season tickets, should a plus one be an option? If so, what would be involved in the ticket master system allocating linked tickets randomly for cup games. I. E. Add kids/elderly/mates to your linked group of tickets, in order to sit close, let them feel your excitement, gain a positive experience, just in a randomly selected location.......

This has probably been answered before by someone far smarter and with greater knowledge than me - but why can’t the club insist that non season ticket holders or non Trust members have to buy a half season ticket, if they also want to buy a ticket for the game against Manchester United?

Games like this are an important way to increase/ attract back supporters, both home and away. Maybe that’s it’s a stretch to increase the away crowd. We took over 7, 000 to Wembley for the Tottenham tie, the away following at the next away game when we got beaten 5 nil at Mansfield was not much more than 1% of the Tottenham turnout.

In response to Bangit's previous post, immediate freeing up of an unwanted season ticket seat would be of benefit, albeit limited, to a trust member in the queue for a ticket, because one extra would be showing as available immediately. Eventually that would filter through to their being one more ticket available in general sales.

excessbee wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 11:17 am In response to Bangit's previous post, immediate freeing up of an unwanted season ticket seat would be of benefit, albeit limited, to a trust member in the queue for a ticket, because one extra would be showing as available immediately. Eventually that would filter through to their being one more ticket available in general sales.
I get that, however how much of a problem was it for staff to provide a single seat option is my only observation.