Re: Watch out for scams

Yeah, I thought of myself as too smart to fall for these things but a mate sent me some old photos from our teens and then another email arrived from him but it wasn't. I clicked the link and got a "page could not be displayed" message. Not sure whether something has been downloaded. It's properly spooked me. I've been changing my (two million or thereabouts) passwords. PITA.

Even when I make phone calls or send Emails to financial institutions like Banks or Credit Card Companies I am still uneasy about scams...
I almost got ripped off when someone cloaned my Credit Card and tried to sent money via Western Union.... Thankfully the Bank noticed this and contacted me. Even then I had to go into a branch ( remember them? ) to sort it as I was uneasy talking about it on the phone.

I have to say Natwest are very good at this it's a complete pain mind when I make a purchase on line I'm always asked to verify via the banks app and even sending a code to my landline on times to put in before purchase is accepted.

It's a pain and adds a minute or two but I suppose it's worth it