Re: Is a points deduction possible.

The only way we will be sanctioned by a points deduction is if we go into administration.

Now Peter Madigan is on record as saying the club has 'no debts as such'. Which on the face of it would suggest there is no danger of that. Like Taunton Iron Cider I am concerned with the lack of details being given regarding the finances of the club. I am also concerned that in the same Argus article having said the club were debt free Mr Madigan mentions paying Les Scadding £3,000 per month. As such may cover a multitude of debt.
Finally communication. Poor communication is seldom a problem when you can inpart news which makes you look good. It's our club, time for the present board to stop fannying about and lay out clearly the financial situation of the club. No matter how bad it is, we can't deal with it unless we know.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 9:22 am The only way we will be sanctioned by a points deduction is if we go into administration.

Now Peter Madigan is on record as saying the club has 'no debts as such'. Which on the face of it would suggest there is no danger of that. Like Taunton Iron Cider I am concerned with the lack of details being given regarding the finances of the club. I am also concerned that in the same Argus article having said the club were debt free Mr Madigan mentions paying Les Scadding £3,000 per month. As such may cover a multitude of debt.
Finally communication. Poor communication is seldom a problem when you can inpart news which makes you look good. It's our club, time for the present board to stop fannying about and lay out clearly the financial situation of the club. No matter how bad it is, we can't deal with it unless we know.
As has been mentioned by GC "the club won't be asking the fan's for more money" so the argument that we need to know, so that "we" can deal with it, is just an excuse to propergate rumour. Likewise the post above even quotes PM saying that the club has no debt, so what exactly is the poster suggesting needs dealing with?

In a way, the club is always asking the fans for more money, by suggesting bronze trust members upgrade to silver membership etc. Maybe even hoping that some who haven't contributed to the fan ownership concept beyond the original community share payment might do a little more ...... after all a bronze trust membership is equivalent to just a pint of beer and a Greggs sausage roll per month

Percy plunkett wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:02 am A rumour from a very good source is that we are bringing Davy McDougall back to replace GC.Davy won’t be player manager this time but will concentrate solely on management of the playing side.I can’t say who told me as this person doesn’t want to be called out and he / she won’t give me more insider stuff if I do.

Very good percy hands up you had me I even googled 😆

excessbee wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:58 am In a way, the club is always asking the fans for more money, by suggesting bronze trust members upgrade to silver membership etc. Maybe even hoping that some who haven't contributed to the fan ownership concept beyond the original community share payment might do a little more ...... after all a bronze trust membership is equivalent to just a pint of beer and a Greggs sausage roll per month
The difficulty I have with that analysis is not that I don't agree with what you say, but why have a pre-meeting before the AGM? Asking fans to upgrade their membership etc can easily be dealt with at the Trust AGM.

excessbee wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:13 pm I'm not suggesting that the pre-meeting will be in any way aimed at asking trust members to upgrade. That's an ongoing target. It may get a mention, in fact it ought to get a mention but it won't be a primary purpose of the meeting.
Thus far we are in agreement. And there is nothing wrong with the club wanting to raise more funds. Quite the opposite, Newport County should be trying to raise as much money as possible.

For me two points arise from this. Firstly whatever the meeting is about, that a meeting is taking place is a good thing. The greater the communication between club and fans the better. Secondly and for me a matter of concern, is that there is as yet no agenda set for the meeting. The club must know what it's about. It strikes me as concerning that on the one hand Newport County complain about damaging rumours but if you call a meeting and then go silent on that meeting you are inviting rumours.

And whilst it is true that some rumours turn out to be unfounded, often rumours turn out to be true.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:35 pm
excessbee wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:13 pm I'm not suggesting that the pre-meeting will be in any way aimed at asking trust members to upgrade. That's an ongoing target. It may get a mention, in fact it ought to get a mention but it won't be a primary purpose of the meeting.
Thus far we are in agreement. And there is nothing wrong with the club wanting to raise more funds. Quite the opposite, Newport County should be trying to raise as much money as possible.

For me two points arise from this. Firstly whatever the meeting is about, that a meeting is taking place is a good thing. The greater the communication between club and fans the better. Secondly and for me a matter of concern, is that there is as yet no agenda set for the meeting. The club must know what it's about. It strikes me as concerning that on the one hand Newport County complain about damaging rumours but if you call a meeting and then go silent on that meeting you are inviting rumours.

And whilst it is true that some rumours turn out to be unfounded, often rumours turn out to be true.
None of Stans turn out to be true ever. Why he constantly makes them up is beyond me.

He's over anxious and all it does is feed that anxiety.

Same as wanting more information but then not joining the trust that provides the information.

Now the level of information will never ever satisfy some, but to deliberately avoid the information, in order to then replace it with unsubstantiated rumours while claiming that it is the clubs own fault, is priceless.