Is a points deduction possible.

With all the speculation doing the rounds, we could end up with upto a 12 pts deduction before we even start season 23/24 based on history of other clubs failings in past season's. If you read/listen to GC interview's it sound's like he is painting a picture of what to expect next season, he states in his assorted interviews that survival will be his main objective.
I believe next season will be a make or break season. Hopefully the upcoming meeting all the cards will be laid on the table so everyone knows exactly where we are. The last thing we want is for the club to go into administration.
My guess is JP will then and only then return to the table.

Re: Is a points deduction possible.

G Guest wrote: May 27th, 2023, 6:23 pm What on Earth are you talking about? A points deduction for doing what?
Sorry guys, do your research and look at the results, listen to the man at the sharp end in what he is telling you. When you add up the total evidence it doesn't make pleasant reading, I hope I am wrong, but I can't see any reason to believe any different.

flat4 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 7:32 pm
G Guest wrote: May 27th, 2023, 6:23 pm What on Earth are you talking about? A points deduction for doing what?
Sorry guys, do your research and look at the results, listen to the man at the sharp end in what he is telling you. When you add up the total evidence it doesn't make pleasant reading, I hope I am wrong, but I can't see any reason to believe any different.
That’s part of the problem - everybody hears rumours, me included. Not everyone acts on them. My one question for you - who is the man at the sharp end? If you mean GC, he has just said things as he sees it. 2 and 2 don’t make 5. I’m pretty sure that the muddy waters will clear a little after the meeting on June 13. Hope so anyway.

pembsexile wrote: May 27th, 2023, 8:30 pm
That’s part of the problem - everybody hears rumours, me included. Not everyone acts on them. My one question for you - who is the man at the sharp end? If you mean GC, he has just said things as he sees it. 2 and 2 don’t make 5. I’m pretty sure that the muddy waters will clear a little after the meeting on June 13. Hope so anyway.
We were promised a statement before the June meeting, let’s hope they keep to that commitment.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 27th, 2023, 8:48 pm
We were promised a statement before the June meeting, let’s hope they keep to that commitment.
Statement or no statement, the topic heading is a possible points deduction. What for exactly? Why pose a question like this when no facts are available? Discussion is great and should be welcomed. Damaging rumours are a pain in the arse.

pembsexile wrote: May 27th, 2023, 10:31 pm
Statement or no statement, the topic heading is a possible points deduction. What for exactly? Why pose a question like this when no facts are available? Discussion is great and should be welcomed. Damaging rumours are a pain in the arse.
Pembs that is why the Club, rightly in my view, issued a news release on the 10th May promising an early statement on the financial position to stop all these damaging rumours. The trouble is that so far they have not delivered to that commitment, and personally I find this delay a matter of concern.

They also initially stated that the 13th June was to be ‘pencilled in’ as the date of the AGM, we now know that this will not be the case, yet based on that original belief resolutions were actually submitted. So what’s changed that would necessitate the deferral of the AGM, after all the finances can equally be aired in such a forum? As far as I’m aware we still don’t even have an agenda for the 13th.

With the continuation of the Trust’s mushroom management policy, I’m afraid rumour and conjecture is set to continue, possible points deductions is just one more such example. Believe me there are many more circulating, some plausible with others frankly outrageous, the common denominator being that they are all unnecessary symptoms of poor communication.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:20 am
Pembs that is why the Club, rightly in my view, issued a news release on the 10th May promising an early statement on the financial position to stop all these damaging rumours. The trouble is that so far they have not delivered to that commitment, and personally I find this delay a matter of concern.

They also initially stated that the 13th June was to be ‘pencilled in’ as the date of the AGM, we now know that this will not be the case, yet based on that original belief resolutions were actually submitted. So what’s changed that would necessitate the deferral of the AGM, after all the finances can equally be aired in such a forum? As far as I’m aware we still don’t even have an agenda for the 13th.

With the continuation of the Trust’s mushroom management policy, I’m afraid rumour and conjecture is set to continue, possible points deductions is just one more such example. Believe me there are many more circulating, some plausible with others frankly outrageous, the common denominator being that they are all unnecessary symptoms of poor communication.
Possible points deductions as rumoured by the thread starter, has been concocted from what the "man at the sharp end" has stated............

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:20 am

Well we are agreed on one thing - poor communication by the club. If you were to start another thread entitled ‘communicating’ I would join it as like others I have my views. However, this thread was initiated about a possible points deduction. At the moment, these is no foundation to this, only rumours and innuendo. As I stated earlier, wait until the meeting on 13th and then we will have information to discuss, until then, rumours like this just damage the club.

I've just had a listen I'm sorry I'm also lost where does he mention losing points

He talks very highly of the club in my opinion let's hope the board back him