Your civil liberties.

As most of you know I'm an avowed republican. I don't get monarchy. But if the UK wants to have a monarchy well that's up to you. And can I assure you that if people want to have a day out cheering on the King good luck to them.

However the behaviour of the police in arresting people on the basis that they might cause a disturbance is frightening.

So bad is the compliant media which just doesn't challenge. I have just seen that innocent people were arrested for having rape alarms. A police spokesman unchallenged claimed that it was understandable because if those people had been up to no good they might have spooked the horses causing the said nags to charge into the crowd with related carnage.

Utter bollox. Military horses are trained not to be spooked by cannon fire. What next. Arresting people driving cars on the basis they might drive into pedestrians? Arresting anyone buying a hammer on the basis it might be a weapon? Both scenario far more likely than Dobbin get spooked on the Mall.

Those of you who have a vote please use it to get rid of the Tories come the election. They have f@cked your country's economy and they now are going to trample on your civil liberties.

Re: Your civil liberties.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 12th, 2023, 8:46 pm As most of you know I'm an avowed republican. I don't get monarchy. But if the UK wants to have a monarchy well that's up to you. And can I assure you that if people want to have a day out cheering on the King good luck to them.

However the behaviour of the police in arresting people on the basis that they might cause a disturbance is frightening.

So bad is the compliant media which just doesn't challenge. I have just seen that innocent people were arrested for having rape alarms. A police spokesman unchallenged claimed that it was understandable because if those people had been up to no good they might have spooked the horses causing the said nags to charge into the crowd with related carnage.

Utter bollox. Military horses are trained not to be spooked by cannon fire. What next. Arresting people driving cars on the basis they might drive into pedestrians? Arresting anyone buying a hammer on the basis it might be a weapon? Both scenario far more likely than Dobbin get spooked on the Mall.

Those of you who have a vote please use it to get rid of the Tories come the election. They have f@cked your country's economy and they now are going to trample on your civil liberties.
And yet for years the 'left', of which I am an increasingly disillusioned part of, has happily seen civil liberties dismantled - it is the left calling for tighter regulation of public spaces, cancelling/silencing free speech and debate while gleefully cheering when police arrest someone for an off colour tweet, policing the internet, etc it was the left demanding longer and stronger lock-downs during covid, etc but are up in arms when these draconian policies start to affect them - so this isn't all the big bad 'Tories' fault.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 12th, 2023, 8:46 pm As most of you know I'm an avowed republican. I don't get monarchy. But if the UK wants to have a monarchy well that's up to you. And can I assure you that if people want to have a day out cheering on the King good luck to them.

Sorry what you've said is bollox regarding the horses if you remember some many years ago some idiot fired a starting gun the queen's horse at the time was very distressed it was only because the Queen was an accomplished rider she stayed on the horse and managed to calm the animal down .

If she wasn't so good she could have been killed and the horse could have caused horrendous damage to the public gathered on the mall

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 19th, 2023, 10:44 am

Sorry what you've said is bollox regarding the horses if you remember some many years ago some idiot fired a starting gun the queen's horse at the time was very distressed it was only because the Queen was an accomplished rider she stayed on the horse and managed to calm the animal down .

If she wasn't so good she could have been killed and the horse could have caused horrendous damage to the public gathered on the mall
I remember it well Jim, the horse didn't bolt, and whilst no doubt the Queen was a good horsewomen, I suspect members of the household cavalry are equally competent on the back of a nag. In addition thousands of people cheering is far louder than a rape alarm. Further the horses are specifically chosen for their temperament. They have to be, those 21 gun salutes make one hell of a racket.

Rape alarms. Should women be allowed to carry them? I mean a person might be driving a car and lose control of it if a rape alarm goes off. The car might mount a pavement and kill innocent bystanders. Indeed what about someone innocently walking down the street with a heart condition? A rape alarm goes off and bingo an innocent person drops dead.

In fact when you think of everything that could happen it's probably best to stay in bed.

No, I think it’s you that’s talking bollocks there Jim. Those military horse would not have been bothered by a few poxy rape alarms going off.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 19th, 2023, 11:07 am

I remember it well Jim, the horse didn't bolt, and whilst no doubt the Queen was a good horsewomen, I suspect members of the household cavalry are equally competent on the back of a nag. In addition thousands of people cheering is far louder than a rape alarm. Further the horses are specifically chosen for their temperament. They have to be, those 21 gun salutes make one hell of a racket.

Rape alarms. Should women be allowed to carry them? I mean a person might be driving a car and lose control of it if a rape alarm goes off. The car might mount a pavement and kill innocent bystanders. Indeed what about someone innocently walking down the street with a heart condition? A rape alarm goes off and bingo an innocent person drops dead.

In fact when you think of everything that could happen it's probably best to stay in bed.
You said they are so well trained they won't react well clearly they do

Now if women want to carry a rape alarm that's brilliant as my daughter does but clearly they where handing them out for other purposes

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:42 pm https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/s ... y-23298414

If you Google it there's umpteen instances of well trained horses causing problems
In which case it was utterly irresponsible for the horses to.have been on the Mall in any event.

Or you can take the view that in very rare circumstances bad things happen. In the UK about 2,000 will be killed this year in motoring accidents. Should we all stop driving?

Jim volunteers who were distributing rape alarms to women who feel vulnerable is a good thing. Arresting the people doing it, on the basis that rape alarms might be used to spook horses is so f@cking stupid that words fail me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:34 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:42 pm https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/s ... y-23298414

If you Google it there's umpteen instances of well trained horses causing problems
In which case it was utterly irresponsible for the horses to.have been on the Mall in any event.

Or you can take the view that in very rare circumstances bad things happen. In the UK about 2,000 will be killed this year in motoring accidents. Should we all stop driving?

Jim volunteers who were distributing rape alarms to women who feel vulnerable is a good thing. Arresting the people doing it, on the basis that rape alarms might be used to spook horses is so f@cking stupid that words fail me.

Yep.

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:39 pm

Now if women want to carry a rape alarm that's brilliant as my daughter does but clearly they where handing them out for other purposes
They were volunteers working under the auspices of The City of Westminster Council.

You are right. They were not carrying the rape alarms because they felt under threat. The were handing the out the night before the coronation to vulnerable women.

How about the Australian woman. Massive fan of the British royals. Even been to a garden party. Arrested and banged up for thirteen hours. Apparently being stood by protesters was reason enough to handcuff her, take her fingrr prints and DNA and keep her locked up in a cell before being released.

God help the lot of you if that is the type country you are living in.

The protestors which were arrested were found to have gone equipped to 'lock-on'. Bike locks and large cable ties etc apparently for placards but no-one believes they were for that purpose. Rape alarms were also found in large quantities. I'm no fan of monarchy or police but I think the police acted correctly for once.

I hate the Tories but I also hate Labour in equal measure. They're all just globalist shills. I think the only reason you haven't seen a populist party surge to power is that we have 'first passed the post' voting which means UKIP and the Greens can get 5 million votes combined and it only translate to 2 MPs.