Ex League 2 team in the Premier League next season

Either Luton or Coventry will be in the Big Time next season and we played both of them in League 2 games as recently as 2017-2018.

Luton would be the first team to go from the top division to Non League and from non league back to the Premier League.

Plymouth who were recently in League 2 Will be in the Championship next season, as May Bolton who were also in League 2.

It works the other way…. Scunthorpe, Yeovil…

Re: Ex League 2 team in the Premier League next season

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 17th, 2023, 11:20 pm
G Guest wrote: May 17th, 2023, 10:57 pm County in the Premier League? Now there's a thought.
There are four Premier League sides I remember playing League games against. Next season that number will rise to seven. Burnley, Sheffield United and either Coventry or Luton are among the seventeen Championship sides I remember County playing in League fixtures.

If they can do it, so can we.
What position did you play Stan😀

Re: Ex League 2 team in the Premier League next season

Bonson&Hunt wrote: May 18th, 2023, 9:30 am
What position did you play Stan😀
Not a glorious career I'm afraid. My one touch was against Shrewsbury in the late 1970s. It was a windy day, so much so that a couple of County players, including Brian Godfrey didn't make the game.

The ball went out for a Shrewsbury corner. I caught the ball and threw it to the Shrewsbury winger. Shrewsbury scored from the corner, at the railway end and won the game easily.