Re: World cup thread

excessbee wrote: November 30th, 2022, 7:43 pm Terrible VAR decision against Poland. So pleased the penalty was saved.
Supposedly the worlds best Ref's being assisted by VAR. VAR panel also supposed to be the worlds best Ref's. They look at it 5/6 or more times and still get it wrong.
No wonder the linesman in front of the Compeed can't get it right.

Watching Brazil the other night,how refreshing to see a team one up and still going for a second ,late into the game.I wish GC could get us to do that rather than everyone behind the ball playing for time and,sending our blood pressure levels up.Argentina too,they have footballers right through the team,even the CB’s can play with it and move the ball at pace.

Exile 1976 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:39 pm Poor game, and Wales never at the races.
Never mind….the darts start in a couple of weeks
Was at the game mate. We felt Page not brave enough to leave Bale out ( who couldn’t run ) and Ramsey and Allen who were well below par. You can’t carry so many players and Ward was pretty awful too. Terrible positioning and we’d have been better off playing King. Kiefer Moore worked his socks off and came close a few times, creditable performance. England were far superior of course as expected, Foden was very good indeed. Welsh fans were magnificent and England couldn’t create any atmosphere until they were winning , they had to resort to banging a fecking drum. They also behaved like complete pricks afterwards being not at all gracious after the win . No wonder all the fans from other countries I talked to hate the cnuts. 😂😂😂
My gang succeeded in persuading me to make a prat of myself in Arab gear but the locals were fun and I became a photo opp 😫
[/img]