Re: Exiles Grandstand FL Trophy

UPTHEPORT wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:38 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:13 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 7:01 am
Blackandamber wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 11:18 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 8:58 pm
Blackandamber wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 8:49 pm Terrible cross by Willmott
In 40 minutes of being on the pitch Wilmott only touched the ball 3 times in open play. It really is like playing with 10 men.
You could of course have replied to my other comment about the great cross from Willmott which led to our goal, but it's easier to be negative about players. I thought he had more than 3 touches from open play, but I haven't counted. There were other players who were on the field for 90 minutes who had very little impact on the result of the game.
Geoff sadly we have "fans" hell bend on kicking our players at every opportunity
Jim,

This is a message board where people are free to express their opinions about all aspects of Newport County. If people merely wish read the uncritical they are at liberty to buy the programme or read the South Wales Argus.

I think unqualified criticism of players is unwarranted. Roy Race is a tw@t does no good at all. Roy Race lacks pace and positional sense is a legitimate criticism. And what makes it legitimate is that if a reason is given that reason can be challenged.

Likrwise, my criticism of your post is not that you feel that some criticism is unfair, but rather you fail to distinguish between those who are make argument and those who do not.
And I can express my opinion that some posters on here have it in for certain players

Thanks
Of course you can.

As I can express my view that in not distinguishing between valid criticism and mere insult you are in error.

Re: Exiles Grandstand FL Trophy

If Robbie played on the WING (not- repeat not- midfield or full back or anywhere else) then we could benefit from his excellent centres (if we only had a centre forward!).
In fact he might remember how to beat his full back and get towards the corner flag to centre, Of course, it has been a very long time since he played anywhere near the wing but after a few games in the position it might come back to him. If you need a reminder look at the video of us against Premier League opposition in the FA Cup and see the trouble he caused to them then.
If he is past it then what about Nevers on the wing. Again look at the video of the goal he created against Tranmere.