Re: Exiles Grandstand - Newport County v Gillingham

Trigger wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:29 am
Blackandamber wrote: November 19th, 2022, 8:44 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:34 pm
pembsexile wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:18 pm The ball spent more time in the air than on the floor. It was head tennis at times. Scrappy game but overall I did think we deserved the win. Mickey D immense, Farky immense. We have a good centre back unit there. What we were crying out for was for someone to put their foot on the ball and hold it, it doesn’t have to be hoofed as soon as we get it. The most important thing was the three points, we needed that.
Agree with all of that. Still a lack of confidence a lot of the time when in possession. Few more home wins and clean sheets should help.
Pleasing to see another 4000+ attendance, despite a poor season.
The attendance was about 500 higher than last week which was surprising after the poor performance against Stockport. The away support today was less than last week which means a substantial increase in County supporters. Could this be due to no Premier League or Championship games?
It wasn't, last week was 4200+ the announcer didn't add the 500+ away support! to the home support but managed to get it right this week!
That's correct. Even so a small increase in home support after last weeks result and performance is surprising.

owlsabout wrote: November 20th, 2022, 8:29 am Only good thing about today is the massive 3 points, because that to watch was woeful 2 really poor teams struggling to try and play football. Gc needs to bring a few in and shift a few out January, we ve gone from a club that blew promotion to a club that is just keeping above the relagation zone
Yes. Ample evidence provided as to why Gillingham have only scored 6 league goals to date.

County Exile wrote: November 20th, 2022, 12:12 pm A pre-match comment on the Gillingham forum :lol:
Newport are playing the fantastically named Priestley Farquharson in their XI. What a name, bound to get the winner.

Good Evening

I don’t know why anyone was surprised at Farky scoring! He is now my new favourite player.. sorry Matty!

As you can see below, only a short while ago I highlighted the fact that he offered a good value investment as first goal scorer. My small wagers are only fun bets, my traditional 4-0 has paid dividends already this season and Saturday was a bit special … £1 on Farky as first goal scorer 45/1 and Farky first goal scorer and a 2-0 result at 150/1. That’s £200 back for £2. Helped pay for a wonderful weekend with the family enjoying hospitality to celebrate sons birthday and visiting Cardiff Christmas market on Friday.
Sometimes things just go better than expected and this weekend was one of those occasions!

Phil in Northampton