Re: Going to Derby [FA cup] game?

A supporter should not just want the team to win and watch on the tele.The club needs our money through the turnstiles otherwise we struggle to pay our way.We already have small crowds so we are up against it financially compared to Bradford etc.We talk about plastic supporters watching Man U and the like on Sky yet some fans of ours want to do just that.

Percy plunkett wrote: November 16th, 2022, 8:51 pm A supporter should not just want the team to win and watch on the tele.The club needs our money through the turnstiles otherwise we struggle to pay our way.We already have small crowds so we are up against it financially compared to Bradford etc.We talk about plastic supporters watching Man U and the like on Sky yet some fans of ours want to do just that.
Fair point but conversely some criticise those who do attend just the big games [in person] and say they are the “plastics” I’ll be there anyway…

CathedralCounty wrote: November 16th, 2022, 9:25 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: November 16th, 2022, 8:51 pm A supporter should not just want the team to win and watch on the tele.The club needs our money through the turnstiles otherwise we struggle to pay our way.We already have small crowds so we are up against it financially compared to Bradford etc.We talk about plastic supporters watching Man U and the like on Sky yet some fans of ours want to do just that.
Fair point but conversely some criticise those who do attend just the big games [in person] and say they are the “plastics” I’ll be there anyway…
The club get 40% of the gate for this game so,if a fan stays home and saves £20,he / she might say,well the club only miss out on my £8.The problem is,if 1000 fans stay home then we lose £8k.Fans should give that some thought.The manager will want to sign a few players in January,where will the money come from.

My guilt at not going is assuaged by my monthly donations to the club. We all make those, right?

JonD wrote: November 17th, 2022, 7:53 am
My guilt at not going is assuaged by my monthly donations to the club. We all make those, right?
I take the same view also, and having other arrangements not forseeing that we would be playing a game on a Sunday afternoon.

Percy plunkett wrote: November 16th, 2022, 9:44 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: November 16th, 2022, 9:25 pm
The club get 40% of the gate for this game so,if a fan stays home and saves £20,he / she might say,well the club only miss out on my £8.The problem is,if 1000 fans stay home then we lose £8k.Fans should give that some thought.The manager will want to sign a few players in January,where will the money come from.
Well said PP agree with both your points and I am pleased there is no price discount the club is going to need as much as possible for the Jan window - cash wish a key game to win.