Re: Buying a car with little to no MOT

Chepstow'sFine wrote: October 12th, 2022, 7:26 am
phil_in_npton wrote: October 11th, 2022, 9:39 pm Good Evening
We have had our Hyundai i10 for 12 years from new. Very reliable and not needed much at all in way of mechanical costs. I think the County car sticker in the rear window even adds to its value!

Phil in Northampton
Haha. I love a Hyundai. I've got an i20 I use for commuting to Bristol from Chepstow and looking to buy a 4x4 as we live rurally.
Like this thread. I am interested that you are considering buying a 4x4. Aren’t they gas guzzlers and thereby less green? Green issues are becoming more and more important. Vital even.

Re: Buying a car with little to no MOT

pembsexile wrote: October 12th, 2022, 8:13 am
Chepstow'sFine wrote: October 12th, 2022, 7:26 am
phil_in_npton wrote: October 11th, 2022, 9:39 pm Good Evening
We have had our Hyundai i10 for 12 years from new. Very reliable and not needed much at all in way of mechanical costs. I think the County car sticker in the rear window even adds to its value!

Phil in Northampton
Haha. I love a Hyundai. I've got an i20 I use for commuting to Bristol from Chepstow and looking to buy a 4x4 as we live rurally.
Like this thread. I am interested that you are considering buying a 4x4. Aren’t they gas guzzlers and thereby less green? Green issues are becoming more and more important. Vital even.
Bit of an update. The seller is going to MOT the vehicle! Yes fair point about the type of car. Unfortunately our lifestyle dictates what type of car we have. I live on a remote smallholding so an EV or even hybrid isn't particularly practical. If I was in a city or the 'burbs then I'd definitely have made the switch to an EV.