Pessimism

I’ve never seen a more pessimistic prediction thread. I don’t contribute but it reflects to some extent my fears that we look incapable of clean sheets and don’t look like scoring freely either. Not a particularly promising combination to enthuse the faithful I suppose so the contributions are hardly surprising. We have to hope tonight’s game changes the mood eh? I’m wondering if Phil is still optimistic enough to bet on his 4 nils 😂

Re: Pessimism

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 16th, 2022, 3:00 pm Optimistic, pessimistic or neither tonight is a big one. Win and the pressure eases, lose and it really cranks up..
Yes I certainly agree with that. A win would go a long way in lifting the mood. There are those saying things like this is a tough start. I don’t disagree but the point is, these are the teams with which we must compete, week in week out. We have to beat some of them, it’s of no use to keep making excuses for our dreadful home form. Anyway, let’s hope that ends tonight, no pressure 😳

CathedralCounty wrote: August 18th, 2022, 9:13 am We are a miserable lot aren't we?! few games in and its all 'relegation' and 'sack Rowberry' - lets be more positive...
No we're not. But as real fans, remember fan is an abbreviation of fanatic, seeing seven home defeats on the bounce is worrying. If you read the posts the overwhelming view is that Rowberry needs to turn things around before we get cut adrift. I agree with that view.

CathedralCounty wrote: August 18th, 2022, 9:13 am We are a miserable lot aren't we?! few games in and its all 'relegation' and 'sack Rowberry' - lets be more positive...

Don't really understand it we are only few games in let's not forget we've already beaten a championship side away from home we can't be that bad

UPTHEPORT wrote: August 18th, 2022, 11:42 am

Don't really understand it we are only few games in let's not forget we've already beaten a championship side away from home we can't be that bad
Jim,

At half time on Tuesday night you posted.....

'This is shite sorry'.

Just saying. 😁

Somebody call for me ?

F eck I get accused of being pessimistic on here but calling for him to sacked after 4 league game is a bit over the top , isnt it ?
Sutton...we should have won
Walsall ...how we didnt get at least a point is still a mystery
Luton ..we beat a side from two leagues higher
Bradford ...we were the architects of our own downfall. Yes they were the better side but we didnt help ourselves
Salford....we were awful but managed to get back to 2 - 2 ..we should have tried to hold onto a undeserved point rather than chase the game and concede form a set piece

Lose against Tranmere , Harrogate and Grimsby ...Then you can start asking questions about JR's management...IMO

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 18th, 2022, 10:42 am
No we're not. But as real fans, remember fan is an abbreviation of fanatic, seeing seven home defeats on the bounce is worrying. If you read the posts the overwhelming view is that Rowberry needs to turn things around before we get cut adrift. I agree with that view.
I was having a dig at 'us' on the board just football fans in general can be quite pessimistic