Re: Anymore coming in?

Don't I know it, very disappointing, would prefer development of our youngsters. Bristol Rovers have a big hole to fill after Anderson went back to Newcastle after gaining them promotion, they have bigger crowds than us and more cash available, we wouldn't cope in my opinion and if promoted would come straight back down.
I am not a supporter of loans, bigger clubs take on more than they can address in terms of development of youngsters and fail them, if loans were not permitted many of these youngsters would join lower league clubs and that would be a benefit to both.
We need a defensive midfielder, have we a youngster to develop?

Apart from the annoying ad banner obscuring the picture there were a couple of interesting points there.

Clubs are approaching the County with a view to loanees coming in, that means we must be well thought of. Nice. Also I hadn’t realised that we won more points away from home last season than home.

Looking for at least one player to come in early next week, possible two. That’s good.

ajs wrote: August 6th, 2022, 7:20 am Don't I know it, very disappointing, would prefer development of our youngsters. Bristol Rovers have a big hole to fill after Anderson went back to Newcastle after gaining them promotion, they have bigger crowds than us and more cash available, we wouldn't cope in my opinion and if promoted would come straight back down.
I am not a supporter of loans, bigger clubs take on more than they can address in terms of development of youngsters and fail them, if loans were not permitted many of these youngsters would join lower league clubs and that would be a benefit to both.
We need a defensive midfielder, have we a youngster to develop?
Yes we have.Woodiwiss and Twamley who have been loaned out again.They will get regular first team football at Pontypridd but,they should be part of our squad now.I have said for a couple of years now,Woodiwiss would make a good DM player.He can tackle,defend and is comfortable on the ball,just what JR wants.He is small so maybe not suitable in a normal CB position,why can’t JR or Flynny before him see his ability and play him rather than just Papajohn games.He will even miss those games now,so frustrating.

Definitely think we'll need to up our game in midfield. Bennett's a DM, which is fine, but Bowen and Wildig looked far too reluctant to press forward or shoot yesterday, instead opting to shirk responsibility by playing sideways / backwards passes. That puts an awful lot of pressure on Evans and Norman to create from out wide. Waite may be a bit raw, but at least he shows willing to push forward and make something happen. I'd rather see him or a player like him start the next game, and hopefully that's the area Rowberry and Kelly are prioritising.

Obviously also have to point out that there's a very good podcast out there touching on this and other issues...

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... 3iQHiJSt78
Newport County AFC are delighted to announce the loan signing of Nathan Moriah-Welsh!

The 20-year-old Guyana international joins the club on loan from Premier League Bournemouth and made his debut for the Cherries in a 3-1 win at Yeovil in the FA Cup in January this year.

Nathan was also part of the Bournemouth side that reached the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup in 2019.

Speaking on the signing of the centre midfielder, manager James Rowberry said:

“I'd like to welcome Nathan to our club, I’m really pleased that we can add another midfield player to our ranks, he brings energy athleticism and good ball playing qualities to that department. I'd like to thank Bournemouth for their trust in allowing Nathan to come and join us.”