Re: Season Tickets.

excessbee wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:47 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:35 am
I don't for one moment believe that George Street Bridge or Bangitinthenet believe I am suffering mental health problems

.....they risk making it harder for those whò really are suffering.
So, the last line of your post might suggest that you are 'weaponising' (I think that's the current buzzword) mental health issues.
It is not my intention. If you would explain how you think I have I would be grateful.

Also when I send people pm's I regard them as private. As I am sure you do. If you would want in full to post up the pm I recently sent you, you would have my full permission.

Just to make it absolutely clear to Stan, and everyone else, what I have suggested is that he ask a professional to look at his posts on here, as I believe they are very revealing.

I don't want him to respond, merely think about what I have written.

First of all your family and friends have difficulty helping, when they don't understand how, and why someone thinks in the way that they do, and that is only the start of the issues.

A lot of people suffered during the pandemic and a lot of information was put out about how to "live in the moment" in other words don't worry or give a larger importance to things that you are unable to control, and don't put unrealistic expectations upon yourself or you are likely to fail.

Before posting, a check on whether a response is just, proportional and appropriate. If it is not, it indicates that the person is seeing the issue out of proportion to reality, and that is the first sign of a person allowing themselves to think themselves into ill health.

On this forum Stan has mentioned destroying someone, and to me that is a sign that he has to WIN, possibly at any cost.

Stan also has mentioned that someone's opinion was wrong. Opinions are just that, and to the individual their opinion is correct. Of cource he could say "I disagree because...." but the fact is he doesn't.

Stan likes to judge other opinions, an example of this is the thread about trouble at Newport Rail Station. Supporter pointed out that he was aware of information that Stan wasn't and Stan called him a liar, without any justification. Then when asked to appologise this consisted of everyone is a liar!

The thread on the Ivy Bush, poster after poster told Stan that there were problems with the pub and landlord after landlord had failed. He ignored people who told him that the club had run it as a club house, and stated how could we know if it was viable if we didn't try. It went on and on with Stan refusing to conceed - again a sign that winning at all costs has an importance far greater than the topic.

That is unhealthy, and the reason why I have asked him to get a professional to look at his posts, at what is driving them, and how he can train himself to worry less and live in the moment.

I won't comment on who he could contact as in Wales it would be organisations such as SANE, CALM, and MIND, but not sure about Eire.

Again this post is not intended to start further discussions. But to post this personally to Stan, as he has suggested, I don't think would assist.

Up to you, but remember it is the symptoms that I am pointing to in his writing. That is what a professional can assess, and decide, if that points in the direction of a problem, and if so, what, if any action, needs to be discussed.

As Stan has said recently, what has he got to lose? I would have phrased it, what has he got to gain? but I think differently, and that is as result of being helped to minimise rather than maximise problems.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 6:01 pm Up to you, but remember it is the symptoms that I am pointing to in his writing. That is what a professional can assess, and decide, if that points in the direction of a problem, and if so, what, if any action, needs to be discussed.

As Stan has said recently, what has he got to lose? I would have phrased it, what has he got to gain? but I think differently, and that is as result of being helped to minimise rather than maximise problems.
I find it quite amusing that you imagine that posts on a football messageboard between a set of posters in disagreement with each other might reveal a clinical diagnosis. One can occasionally work out that someone or other suffers from illiteracy or has perhaps partaken of some potent weed, fungus or maybe too many sherbets but so far at least that’s about it. If it were possible to make the sort of diagnosis you suggest then I recommend your chosen medical man makes a visit to the legendary Luton Town “ Outlaws “ forum where they’ll find rich pickings indeed. You may work out from mine that I suffer from an acute bout of cynicism this evening.

£15fornonleague?! wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 5:41 pm To be honest with you Bangit, that post makes you come across as a right ****.
I do see where you're coming from. I had to re-read his post as first time around I couldn't quite believe that anyone could have sat down, wrote that and thought it would show the author in a good light.

But on the second reading it struck me not that he was a ##$$ or indeed how I had referred to him. Which I now regret.

Rather I thought Bangitinthenet is for whatever reason very angry. I am sorry that in the past I have responded to his rage not with the sympathy he deserves but with smart-arse comments of my own.

I hope very much Bangit' that the rage you feel subsides. Forgive me for not being very kind.

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:48 am And it's not something to be hidden behind when poisoning discourse here.

We have a totally different world view. I don't think we would ever be destined to be friends. When you get angry with me, it would be far better if I was to respond not with comments to show how smart I was but rather with a far more measured response.
No excuses, no agenda. I am genuinely sorry for the times I have been unkind to you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 24th, 2022, 1:23 am
£15fornonleague?! wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 5:41 pm To be honest with you Bangit, that post makes you come across as a right ****.
I do see where you're coming from. I had to re-read his post as first time around I couldn't quite believe that anyone could have sat down, wrote that and thought it would show the author in a good light.

But on the second reading it struck me not that he was a ##$$ or indeed how I had referred to him. Which I now regret.

Rather I thought Bangitinthenet is for whatever reason very angry. I am sorry that in the past I have responded to his rage not with the sympathy he deserves but with smart-arse comments of my own.

I hope very much Bangit' that the rage you feel subsides. Forgive me for not being very kind.
Up to you, I am only asking you to get a professional to read your comments that's all.

I have read a number of self help books and can see how easy it is to get lost in winning, rather than contributing, even when, in retrospect, the topic has no importance.

When driving in slow moving traffic and you can see a queue developing ahead, stop and let someone in from a side street, and see how pleased they are.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 24th, 2022, 9:27 am Happy to let it go for you, but who is it that may just benefit long term.
If you trawl your posts you will find the overwhelming majority are about me. Many of them could be construed as offensive. One of my many flaws is as you may of alluded to is that when I get into an argument winning becomes more important than persuading. You can add to that when someone has a go at me a regrettable tendency to hit back in spades. And threads which should be interesting debates become playground squabbles.

I can't do anything about your flaws. And we all have flaws in our character. All I do is ask you to reflect on them. I don't think for one moment that you intend to be offensive. I am interested in your views on Newport County. And if you still wish to attack me personally, I can't control that. What I can control is how I respond. Rather than fire of a distructive missive, I shall take a few moments to consider whether it would be best to ignore and if I do respond whatever you have said, I shall try to be kind.