Re: New signing

If Rob Street does well and I’m sure he will there is an added bonus. We are doing particularly well with the loanees. Cooper, an improving Cain, Azaz, a couple of promising games from Pask. I hope we are getting a reputation as a great club for players to go on loan to develop. It has its downsides (particularly if we get promoted) but the signs are good at the moment.

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote: January 27th, 2022, 8:40 am I was surprised to see Fisher starting Tuesday as Rowberry described Collins as Telford's backup.

Telford - First choice starter
CBR - First choice starter but Rowberry has said he can't play all the time in case of injury. Lots of games in Feb
Fisher - Might drop out of the squad for Street. Haven't seen anything special from him. squad player at best.
Abrahams - Fulham don't want him and I doubt no one wanted him on 1/2 season loan and will be released in the summer.
Ellison - His injuries might be taking longer to heal?
Collins - Still in the squad for me
Street - A different option to Collins on the bench. If he can score 1-2 goals that give us a win or draw. He will be worth the money. No more than Ellison or Collins will do with limited game time for the rest of the season.

With Covid and the risk of injuries, I think we need some backup/competition.

I got a feeling Abraham no s please will be going back
And got feeling Collins will be loaned out

pembsexile wrote: January 27th, 2022, 9:12 am If Rob Street does well and I’m sure he will there is an added bonus. We are doing particularly well with the loanees. Cooper, an improving Cain, Azaz, a couple of promising games from Pask. I hope we are getting a reputation as a great club for players to go on loan to develop. It has its downsides (particularly if we get promoted) but the signs are good at the moment.
I agree that having a reputation as a great club for players to go on loan to is a positive. Not so sure if it would be a negative if we were to get promoted (still a long shot in my view). If that happened could it mean clubs would be willing to loan players of an even greater potential?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 27th, 2022, 10:10 am
pembsexile wrote: January 27th, 2022, 9:12 am If Rob Street does well and I’m sure he will there is an added bonus. We are doing particularly well with the loanees. Cooper, an improving Cain, Azaz, a couple of promising games from Pask. I hope we are getting a reputation as a great club for players to go on loan to develop. It has its downsides (particularly if we get promoted) but the signs are good at the moment.
I agree that having a reputation as a great club for players to go on loan to is a positive. Not so sure if it would be a negative if we were to get promoted (still a long shot in my view). If that happened could it mean clubs would be willing to loan players of an even greater potential?
I understand what you mean but my point was this - if we get promoted, we may have to start again next season with some new players as the successful loanees may, (may) have gone back to their clubs. We would have gained the good reputation of course but we could be without some players that got us to L1.

pembsexile wrote: January 27th, 2022, 10:22 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 27th, 2022, 10:10 am
I understand what you mean but my point was this - if we get promoted, we may have to start again next season with some new players as the successful loanees may, (may) have gone back to their clubs. We would have gained the good reputation of course but we could be without some players that got us to L1.

Undoubtedly we will lose our energetic creative midfield for next season. A huge hole to fill whichever league we are in.

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote: January 27th, 2022, 8:40 am I was surprised to see Fisher starting Tuesday as Rowberry described Collins as Telford's backup.

CBR - First choice starter but Rowberry has said he can't play all the time in case of injury. Lots of games in Feb
Fisher - Might drop out of the squad for Street. Haven't seen anything special from him. squad player at best.
Abrahams - Fulham don't want him and I doubt no one wanted him on 1/2 season loan and will be released in the summer.
Street - A different option to Collins on the bench. If he can score 1-2 goals that give us a win or draw. He will be worth the money. No more than Ellison or Collins will do with limited game time for the rest of the season.

I don’t see it like that at all, I’m rather excited by this signing having read about the lad, he was on the bench for Palace at the beginning of the season and Viera knows a baller when he sees one.
I’m expecting ( as soon as he’s settled in ) him to be first choice off the bench upfront and a straight selection if one of the usual pair is unfit. He’s a big lad and gives us another option which none of the other subs have yet stepped up to claim.

Probably the call, JR is inheriting the true financilals post covid. (Covid ate the Cup).

Abs and Ell keep fit you never know.

Agree with your view, and it’s something I’ve suggested we needed on another thread (realistic competition up front).

If you look at those strikers though, all were signed by MF or in Collins’ case came through MF’s academy, except Street. So even though the DoF scouts and recommends potential new players this is the first attacker JR has had a say in whether to sign him.

In my view they all bring different strengths and it’s good we have square pegs ready to go in square holes if needed.

Rowberry said today that we are not actively looking at anyone to come in but if something came up we would look at it. He also described Street as an old fashioned (or something like that) centre forward, hopefully he can show a better first touch than similar players in our squad have done so far this season.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: January 27th, 2022, 11:33 pm I look at the academy and development squads and I feel we’ve got enough midfield cover there. Young player Evan Cadwallader will be a big boost to the squad in the final few games of the season I feel.
I have seen the academy a few times this season.Cadwallader is just 17 this month so not ready yet and,he is a CB preferably in a three.Livermore is likely for this season,other midfielders would be Sonny Lewis and Kardogan but,not this season.