Re: Meanwhile down at legoland

Agree with Stan on this and it does seem big occasions like cup matches brings out the orcs in society. When did we have coin-throwing problems at home before that game? I presume most stadia have a degree of surveillance these days, perhaps with the amount of cash swilling through the upper regions of the game some could be diverted for effective policing of this sort of criminal damage via enhanced camera installation, the ordinary fan would have nothing to fear and the criminals could be more easily brought to justice. It’s demoralising to clubs attempting to provide better facilities only to see them destroyed by these animals.

lowandhard wrote: January 24th, 2022, 2:49 pm Agree with Stan on this and it does seem big occasions like cup matches brings out the orcs in society. When did we have coin-throwing problems at home before that game? I presume most stadia have a degree of surveillance these days, perhaps with the amount of cash swilling through the upper regions of the game some could be diverted for effective policing of this sort of criminal damage via enhanced camera installation, the ordinary fan would have nothing to fear and the criminals could be more easily brought to justice. It’s demoralising to clubs attempting to provide better facilities only to see them destroyed by these animals.
Enhanced camera installation in the toilets would be a no thanks from me. The thing is these fans know that there aren't cameras in there for obvious reasons.

I think it was the year before the great storm of the memorial ground, when the T Bar sold out of hot drinks and pasties, to be used as hand warmers. It absolutely pissed down along with blowing a gale. I remember thinking what a shit ground to watch football in. Shame they couldn't just share Ashton Gate instead of the Rugby.
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on January 24th, 2022, 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 24th, 2022, 1:46 pm
G Guest wrote: January 24th, 2022, 12:36 pm Imagine if they came to Newport and destroyed WRU property at RP. And they will if we let them. All football fans would be blamed.

This rose tinted glasses some seem to be wearing has surprised me. I remember them running through Maindee from Somerton Park and my father stood outside his house in Glebe Street ready to defend it.

Read the testimony of the travelling Cardiff steward about Ashton Gate. The culprits weren't kids. They were grown men. Even the ladies toilet was damaged. So maybe it wasn't only men who did it.

Anyway, such a match remains a fairly remote possibility at present.
Years ago I commented by views on the behaviour of a tiny minority of County fans in the Cup tie v Swansea. You took the view that I was 'washing our dirty linen in public'.

Thugs are thugs. We shouldn't label them Newport fans, Cardiff fans or football fans. They are thugs. You don't solve problems by pretending those problems don't exist. But neither do you solve a problem by labeling Cardiff as a nasty club because a tiny minority of their 'supporters' use or threaten violence.
Blimey I'm agreeing with you again Mr E !!!!
Spot on

Amberexile wrote: January 24th, 2022, 3:21 pm
lowandhard wrote: January 24th, 2022, 2:49 pm Agree with Stan on this and it does seem big occasions like cup matches brings out the orcs in society. When did we have coin-throwing problems at home before that game? I presume most stadia have a degree of surveillance these days, perhaps with the amount of cash swilling through the upper regions of the game some could be diverted for effective policing of this sort of criminal damage via enhanced camera installation, the ordinary fan would have nothing to fear and the criminals could be more easily brought to justice. It’s demoralising to clubs attempting to provide better facilities only to see them destroyed by these animals.
Enhanced camera installation in the toilets would be a no thanks from me. The thing is these fans know that there aren't cameras in there for obvious reasons.

I agree about inside the toilet, but you could have them outside the entrance. Anyone that goes away to games would have to register with the club you follow with a photograph for ID purposes. You will need to update your details every season with a new photo (which would cost you around £25 to go on the register). For every home/away game you attend, you will receive discount vouchers for the club shop the following season.

I’d welcome it! In fact , this weather the cameras would have to magnify the image to embarrass me 😂

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:13 pm

As it turned out the idiots filmed themselves. Wales on line has posted the video.
Talking of idiots in the Wales online.....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/worl ... n=sharebar

Personal Opinion; off of the punk era. when we beat them-up regularly. First time Welsh Cup semi, away, then slapped them again, at home. Gave wrexham a few too.

I was away for....a while. Came back, my nephews were supporting the clowns down the marshfield road. No Capitals.

Our' boys are literally playing now for our grandchildren.

As for the clowns, allllll that money. They're hanging on to still play in blue not red. It's not a case of going down, but when.