Re: Orient Tues

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 25th, 2022, 7:54 am
flat4 wrote: January 25th, 2022, 6:25 am A number of Key players missing from training yesterday makes for a difficult squad selection for JR and WH today
I think you will find that JR stands down players from Monday training if they were involved in a Saturday match. In his post match interview he also stressed that rest and nutrition was his key requirement before Tuesdays game.
I'm taking his advice. Relaxing on the settee enjoying a 'full english'
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on January 25th, 2022, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well if that’s bad (and I have no idea that it is) surely the current trend is to get games called off, and that’s coming from someone whose driving up !! …. I’d like to believe the last poster though ! We do have a few senior pros who would profit more from 24hrs further rest.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 25th, 2022, 7:54 am
flat4 wrote: January 25th, 2022, 6:25 am A number of Key players missing from training yesterday makes for a difficult squad selection for JR and WH today
I think you will find that JR stands down players from Monday training if they were involved in a Saturday match. In his post match interview he also stressed that rest and nutrition was his key requirement before Tuesdays game.
Very good point.

Yes, it would be a good opportunity to tell a few porkies to throw the opposition off the scent.

Wasn't it the home match with Orient where we announced we had seven players absent with Covid but were going to go ahead with the game? We played a full strength team as all our unavailable players were fringe/youth team players. Orient had two regulars on international duty, so were probably more weakened than we were.

excessbee wrote: January 25th, 2022, 3:17 pm Yes, it would be a good opportunity to tell a few porkies to throw the opposition off the scent.

Wasn't it the home match with Orient where we announced we had seven players absent with Covid but were going to go ahead with the game? We played a full strength team as all our unavailable players were fringe/youth team players. Orient had two regulars on international duty, so were probably more weakened than we were.
I have seldom seen the point in trying to outwit the opposition with subterfuge about who's available or not.
The opposition and ourselves should concentrate on your own game.
Admittedly you need to do your homework and highlight potential weaknesses against who you play.
For all that talk about players unavailable for the home game against The O's we only managed a draw.
MF was a prime example of thinking he was cleaver when not answering or being economical with the truth or trying to deflect availability questions and I personally don't think the opposition paid much attention to him on those matters.