Wrexham

Seeing Wrexham spending all this money to get into football league made me wonder, Once they get into the football league can they still spend that amount of money or not. If yes why aren't the likes of Salford spend big to get promotion.

Re: Wrexham

countymadbel wrote: January 25th, 2022, 12:40 pm Seeing Wrexham spending all this money to get into football league made me wonder, Once they get into the football league can they still spend that amount of money or not. If yes why aren't the likes of Salford spend big to get promotion.
Perhaps they are both 'spending big' to get promoted, yet failing to do so.
Interesting to hear Foxhall saying that 3 of the 4 teams that got promoted from League 2 last season had a bottom 5 budget. Good news if true. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

A good friend is an AFC Wimbledon fan and can't believe Wrecsam gave them £300k for Ollie Palmer. "More money than sense for a striker way past his best" was his comment to me.

In one sense, I don't begrudge Wrecsam - they're a 'proper club' (as opposed to a Salford or a Franchise FC) and them spending big is morally no different to what we did under Lotto Les - but I do find the media's uncritical fawning over them a bit sad.

Wimbledon must be laughing about this one. Looked up his Wiki information. It mentions a couple of 'undisclosed' transfers and one 'nominal fee'. They may have been told to name their fee so they said a stupid amount and Wrexham said OK then.